• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    "Fanboy" is a derogatory term used to describe people who blindly favor a product only because they see others doing it. So, you're gonna throw a jab like that and then ask those very people to help you? Go **** yourself, LaRue fanboy. :)

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have no direct experience with the AAC 9" upper, but if I get into 300BLK, that will likely be my first step (unless I can find an MRP barrel for one of my LMT rifles). I have seen enough trustworthy range reports to know that the AAC uppers are solid kit.

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Not a fanboy, but here's my $.02:

- Built my own 10.5" 300 BLK SBR.

- My 7.62 YHM can lives on it

- 1.25" groups at 100yds subsonic
    -- 208gr Amax, 10.9gr A1680

- 1.0" groups at 100yds supersonic
    -- 155gr Amax ( I forget the powder load at the moment)

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    "Fanboy" is a derogatory term used to describe people who blindly favor a product only because they see others doing it. So, you're gonna throw a jab like that and then ask those very people to help you? Go **** yourself, LaRue fanboy. :)

Hahaha! :D

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Absolutely no experience with it or .300 Blackout in general but I would imagine it being a lot of fun to shoot suppressed but not all that useful for anything other than making something go bang very quietly.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Irony is he gets a fanboy response.

I have had the 9inch upper since it came out. I mostly use subsonic so range is short but accuracy is fine. I am pretty sure BBL is made by Remington, not AAC.

ETA: I mean a Remington supplier.

Last edited:

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Absolutely no experience with it or .300 Blackout in general but I would imagine it being a lot of fun to shoot suppressed but not all that useful for anything other than making something go bang very quietly.
    I've killed hogs with it, subs and supers. Not as much punch as 308 or 458 Socom of course, but apples vs oranges.

Subsonic bullet expansion is tricky. Playing with Lehigh Defense bullets at the moment. I talked with the Berry's folks as SHOT Show, they may be developing a 230gr bullet for this application.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

7.62mm 110 grain TSX at 2000 fps not that useful.

LMAO

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    7.62mm 110 grain TSX at 2000 fps not that useful.

LMAO

*2100fps :D

I dont have the complete upper but I do have the 9" AAC barrel. Its very accurate when you find what it likes. It has a much narrower window of accuracy than my noveske. Its slightly more accurate than the noveske but if I had it to go over again I'd go 8.2" noveske since it seems theyre a bit more forgiving load wise. .4gr takes me conpletely in and out of an accuracy node, and by out I mean 2"+ groups. My noveske can take .6gr swings and still group a little over moa. All four blackouts I've loaded for havent liked factory ammo much though and I'm talking about an extremely small sample size. Maybe I got a great noveske and a monday built AAC either way they both run great with their preferred load.

Top Bottom