Venture Surplus ad

..question..is a Red Dot on a pistol.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    whoo hoo - notified that the G34 slide with the new RDS have left Prescott, in to Phoenix and should be delivered on the 27th. my Wife returns from Japan tomorrow (26th) so I'll try and reassemble the pistol without her knowing about it until I "present" it to her (sorta wish I had time to shoot with it before she gets it, but.....)
    Military Camp

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Here is one of mine.

minasn.jpg

Professor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Garland
    ... and not depend on the battery working.
    The dual illumination models don't use batteries - tritium and fiber optics. And for me, suppressor sights are important to help with quick dot acquisition and for use if the RMR fails for any reason.

I read the comment about the dual illumination washing out in bright sunlight. I hadn't considered that, but I guess the suppressor sights will help compensate for that. I have the opportunity to get a two year old Trijicon RM08A for about $200. The reticle is a 12.9 amber triangle - big for precision shooting, but I'm thinking it's ok for SD. It may not be the the perfect sight, but I think more than adequate at $200. I can get it the slide milled, the sight mounted, front and rear suppressor sights installed and everything bore sighted for roughly another $200 from L&M Precision Gunworks in Arizona. So for less than the price of a new good quality RMR, I can have the whole thing ready to go.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    If you're already having Mark do the cut, wait until the RMR adapter plates come in and have him do the cut for the atom mount. I've had mine for over a year now on the 19, closer to two on the 17, and I've got no complaints. I've tried a deltapoint, RMR, and aimpoint(briefly), and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on an aimpoint to try longer term and a deltapoint 2. Once I do, I'll try to post up a thread comparing the lot.

Last edited:

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    just got back from the range and shooting the g34 with it's new RDS - I need to win the lottery so that I can put that sight on all our pistols - I love shooting with it - did "OK" at 25yds but I know, with practice, I'll be deadly with it....

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    just got back from the range and shooting the g34 with it's new RDS - I need to win the lottery so that I can put that sight on all our pistols - I love shooting with it - did "OK" at 25yds but I know, with practice, I'll be deadly with it....

You notice that you are slower to get on the dot than on the front sight?

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    no, didn't notice that but wasn't looking for a comparison

doesn't matter tho as I'm not looking to "get quick" (that paper target just sits there and waits, and waits, and..)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom