• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Why does the government need to have any say in the matter? Why not let the dealer decide on its own?
    Good idea
    Does the dealer need a license? If he does, you can bet the license comes with rules to follow and minimum age is one.

If there were no gun laws, then we could all buy guns directly from the manufacturer or some.online seller without an FFL because there wouldn't be FFLs.
    Point, buy, click and they mail it to your house in the mail
    FFLs exists because of a gun law.
    Target Sports

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    16 SEEMS LIKE A GOOD AGEIN MOST STATES YOU CAN GET A DL AT16 AND IMOCARS ARE MUCH MORE DANGEROUS THAN GUNS!
    Ok , I can understand that reasoning

I'm asking just to find out, but if your rule is 16, then arent you infringing on 15 year olds? Alot of 15 year olds were soldiers in the Civil War.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    John Hinkley Jr is out of prison after shooting President Reagan
    The law says he can't legally possess or buy a firearm.
    Is he being infringed upon?
    Should he be able to carry a gun legally?

If the answer is yes..then you fall into the "all gun laws are unconstitutional category"

If not then where does a person fall? Is he/she a Fudd?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

I'm so about the 2nd Amendment I have it tattooed on my forearm for everyone to see. But I still don't think Hinkley should be able to possess. I feel that some actions are unforgivable and you lose all trust of society.

I also don't think all felons should be prohibited for life from owning a gun.

I do agree to keeping violent offenders , especially who used one to rape or robery from possessing.

Otherwise if you were non violent and serve your time why should your punishment continue for your life after you get out of prison?
    That's what we do to people.

What about the laws that prevent a 8 year old from buying a gun?
    Are we infringing on them? If not...what age then?

If the felon cannot be trusted, why is he released to society?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    @vmax
    I'm in the "all gun laws are unconstitutional" category.

As with all tools, the use and responsibility lies with the person, NOT the government.
    Gotcha.

In that camp, a 14 year old can walk into store and buy a full auto M-60 machine gun and a dozen grenades.

Actually a 40mm grenades launcher like an M79 would be dirt cheap.

They could get the $ from drug sales or they could be given the money from the Cartel. And actually the cost should be way lower on full autos because there arent any regulations or stamps and anyone can buy or make parts to build them.

That is one really good thing about that scenario. The inflated cost of every from full auto to suppressors would be way down.

I paid $400 for a suppressor that should have been $100 tops because of all the BS restrictions and regulations

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Good idea
    Does the dealer need a license? If he does, you can bet the license comes with rules to follow and minimum age is one.

If there were no gun laws, then we could all buy guns directly from the manufacturer or some.online seller without an FFL because there wouldn't be FFLs.

Used to be able to order firearms from Sears and have them shipped straight to your home...wasn't that long ago.

Then came infringements.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    It is a property rights issue, not a "free speech" issue.
    I may not be correct here but I think that particular act is considered a public safety issue since doing that can result in getting people trampled

There are indeed restrictions on the 1st amendment, like it or not. A guy in Abilene ran a strip club and had a van with a wrap on in showing his dancers. It was pretty racy looking IIRC. He drove it home and parked it on the street and neighbors with young kids complained and the city stepped in an infringed on him parking his van on the street.

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Gotcha.

In that camp, a 14 year old can walk into store and buy a full auto M-60 machine gun and a dozen grenades.

Actually a 40mm grenades launcher like an M79 would be dirt cheap.

They could get the $ from drug sales or they could be given the money from the Cartel. And actually the cost should be way lower on full autos because there arent any regulations or stamps and anyone can buy or make parts to build them.

Yep. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    IF the nanny state hadn't started up in the first place, the kid would have likely had a longer life. If folks want the gov to be the raiser of children, and establisher of acceptable behavior - then just keep passing laws until no common sense is required whatsoever.
    All just IMO.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You can indeed yell fire in a theater.

However, you should be held responsible for any damages caused by doing so.

It is a property rights issue, not a "free speech" issue.
    And of there is a fire I would hope someone would yell to warn us...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    John Hinkley Jr is out of prison after shooting President Reagan
    The law says he can't legally possess or buy a firearm.
    Is he being infringed upon?
    Should he be able to carry a gun legally?

If the answer is yes..then you fall into the "all gun laws are unconstitutional category"

If not then where does a person fall? Is he/she a Fudd?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

I'm so about the 2nd Amendment I have it tattooed on my forearm for everyone to see. But I still don't think Hinkley should be able to possess. I feel that some actions are unforgivable and you lose all trust of society.

I also don't think all felons should be prohibited for life from owning a gun.

I do agree to keeping violent offenders , especially who used one to rape or robery from possessing.

Otherwise if you were non violent and serve your time why should your punishment continue for your life after you get out of prison?
    That's what we do to people.

What about the laws that prevent a 8 year old from buying a gun?
    Are we infringing on them? If not...what age then?
    Good post and for a similar thought experiment I used to use the mentally handicapped as an example.

It’s often questions like these that may give society a real unpleasant perspective. The answers seem to be all over the political spectrum but I would hope someday peoples brains can compute gun control is inconsequential. That the problems society faces is in peoples mirrors and how we go about fixing those issues dives into discussions people are probably not willing to have.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Good post and for a similar thought experiment I used to use the mentally handicapped as an example.

It’s often questions like these that may give society a real unpleasant perspective. The answers seem to be all over the political spectrum but I would hope someday peoples brains can compute gun control is inconsequential. That the problems society faces is in peoples mirrors and how we go about fixing those issues dives into discussions people are probably not willing to have.
    wedon'tneed guncontrol we need criminal controllawsprosecutors that put criminals in prison when they committviolent crimes instead of putting them back out intosocirty!

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    wedon'tneed guncontrol we need criminal controllawsprosecutors that put criminals in prison when they committviolent crimes instead of putting them back out intosocirty!
    Agree - and first we need parents that raise their children. Sadly, we're too many generations away from that.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Good idea

You do realize it used to be that way? But, kids weren't shooting up schools and crybaby snowflakes didn't kill their coworkers. But, then the government got involved.....

Top Bottom