• ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    The web site asks for:
    Residential History
    PROVIDE ALL ADDRESSES FOR EXACTLY FIVE YEARS PRECEDING THE DATE OF THIS APPLICATION. ALL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED; NO INTERVAL OR BREAK IN REPORTED YEARS.

I moved to Texas in October, 2018 and entered October, 2018 to present for my first address.

For next entry, I entered my address in Nevada (7+ years). The web page rejects this:
    Error
    • Please add address history for last 5 years
    I have tried entering January, 2014 (five years preceding the application) as the 'From' date and both September and October 2018 as the 'To' date. All combinations are rejected.

What dates am I supposed to enter to fulfill the five years of residential history?:banghead:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    7v9Iyfk.png

Attachments

• 7v9Iyfk.png
      7v9Iyfk.png
      9.8 KB · Views: 1,348

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yup op, what kar said. I got a bit to wait until I can apply despite my 10 year home owner history

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Apparently you can't even start with your application yet because it's rejecting the residency dates, much less complete it.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Apparently you can't even start with your application yet because it's rejecting the residency dates, much less complete it.

No, I got past that when I clicked 'Add' for the Nevada address. I was already at the submission page when I saw your post about six months' residency.

Last edited:

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Sec. 411.173. NONRESIDENT LICENSE.

(a) The department by rule shall establish a procedure for a person who meets the eligibility requirements of this subchapter other than the residency requirement established by Section 411.172(a)(1) to obtain a license under this subchapter if the person is a legal resident of another state or if the person relocates to this state with the intent to establish residency in this state. The procedure must include payment of a fee in an amount sufficient to recover the average cost to the department of obtaining a criminal history record check and investigation on a nonresident applicant. A license issued in accordance with the procedure established under this subsection:

(1) remains in effect until the license expires under Section 411.183; and

(2) may be renewed under Section 411.185.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Thanks! Can I take the course, range qualification, and fingerprints in advance or do I have to wait a full six months before starting the DPS application?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So the gc is wrong about needing 6 months?

Not quite.

(a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a handgun if the person:
    (1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license under Section 411.173(a);

(a) The department by rule shall establish a procedure for a person who meets the eligibility requirements of this subchapter other than the residency requirement established by Section 411.172(a)(1) to obtain a license under this subchapter if the person is a legal resident of another state or if the person relocates to this state with the intent to establish residency in this state. The procedure must include payment of a fee in an amount sufficient to recover the average cost to the department of obtaining a criminal history record check and investigation on a nonresident applicant. A license issued in accordance with the procedure established under this subsection:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not quite.

(a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a handgun if the person:
    (1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license under Section 411.173(a);

And this

Top Bottom