Question regarding Holsters and Classes

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Wedge, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Just bought a house in Mckinney TX(moving from Chicago) so looking forward to getting set up for the class after I get my drivers license changed.
    (1) Does anyone know if there are classes avaliable in the Dallas or North Tx area. I see the one in Houston but its a bit of a ride.
    (2) Being that it has to be concealed. Im thinking in a belt holster a shirt could ride up and expose part of the gun. That cant be done correct? Have an XD .45 and looking for a shoulder holster any ideas. As usual thanks 4 all the help. This site has been great for the short time ive been here.

2. boycan

boycan Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
  3. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Bullet Trap is a good recommendation. There is also an ex-CIA agent that gives instruction at a private ranch (also has a shooting range) in Mckinney. It's off 380. I renewed with him, there were 4 people in the class. Very nice guy. He charges less than everyone else, but you have to get your own photos (Walgreens) & fingerprinting (at local PD or pay $20 to Bullet Trap).

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You will be fine with a IWB holster. Welcome to Texas.

5. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    There are CHL classes all over north Texas. If you drove to Houston, I bet you'd drive right by 100 places.

6. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Thanks 4 the info

7. boycan

boycan Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    If your talking about the range just east of town on 380 the city and airport has shut them down. I think the guy your talking about still gives classes but you have to go to Greenvile to qualify.