• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    So I notice many online suppressor retailers offering good deals. Even to the point of being several hundred dollars below msrp. Is there a transfer process? I was under the impression I needed to go into a gun shop or in person at a gun show do this process. Please educate me.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So I notice many online suppressor retailers offering good deals. Even to the point of being several hundred dollars below msrp. Is there a transfer process? I was under the impression I needed to go into a gun shop or in person at a gun show do this process. Please educate me.
    All NFA rules apply.

And a deal too good to be true often is...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    So it’s not a thing to do class 3 transfer? Like with rifles and pistols I can buy a cheaper product and have it sent to an FFL , pay the transfer fee and walk out with a gun that’s $200 dollars cheaper. They may well have the exact make and model as on their shelf and might get some raised eyebrows but not any laws against it. I can do the same with a suppressor?

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Yea I understand that aspect, I’m not talking about skirting the law. I just bought one in a store and did the whole Thing. Prints, photos, background check etc. Just seems like I over paid compared to some of the deals from silencer shop, which is ironic because all the e-file paper work was done through their kiosk. Just thought if I ever buy another one Id like to save some money to offset the cost of the tax stamp and all that if possible. Lol

So if I found a good deal online would I just go find a store with a kiosk and pay the fees to the gun store for the background check , prints, etc? Then wait the time until it’s processed and approved?

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    If you're in the same state as the online dealer and they are comfortable doing all the paperwork digitally rather you going to their shop to sign. You may have to drive to the opposite end of the state to pick the thing up once the approved stamp comes back. So check to see how the dealer handles that.

Out of state online dealers have to transfer the item to a dealer in the same state as you first, before you can do your paperwork.

Yea, most shops will charge a transfer fee too if you don't buy the item from them. Usually ranges from $50 for silencers and the like. Up to $100+ for MGs.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Silencer Shop's web site will show a range of prices from dealers if you click the link that says something like "Browse 557 Texas Dealers from $912.00" .

Different prices are shown and you can pick the best price and/or closest dealer, whichever your preference.

If the NFA item is in a different state, then a Form 3 is needed for the transfer between dealers. You might then be able to use the Silencer Shop kiosk if the TX dealer is part of their network.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the info gents. Seems like there not much of a way to save money without increasing the hassle associated. Honestly I did the LGS route to get help with the NFA stuff due to being unclear on the workings of it , very obvious by my posts lol. Ranger Firearms in SA , they actually made it really easy. Little more than I expected with the fees and what not but id rather save time and get the damn thing. Their customer service was really good. The manager even called me after I left and reminded me to do my passport photos and the docusign on the silencer shop page to expedite the process. Hard to beat that

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Some of you guy's really don't know what you're talking about.
    You can buy suppressor's from any Class 3 dealer online, and then have them transferred to a local Class 3 dealer. Yes, It will take several month's longer because of the dealer transfer to take place, but once it is transferred, you pay the transfer fee and do the paperwork / tax stamp fee at your local dealer.

Silencer Central is now Class 3 FFL licensed in all 42 states that allow suppressors. If you buy from them online, you can do the paperwork online whether you are doing a Form 4 Individual or Trust. Once your stamp gets approved, they mail / ship the suppressor directly to your house.
    They make it easier than having to drive to a dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Some of you guy's really don't know what you're talking about.
    You can buy suppressor's from any Class 3 dealer online, and then have them transferred to a local Class 3 dealer. Yes, It will take several month's longer because of the dealer transfer to take place, but once it is transferred, you pay the transfer fee and do the paperwork / tax stamp fee at your local dealer.

Silencer Central is now Class 3 FFL licensed in all 42 states that allow suppressors. If you buy from them online, you can do the paperwork online whether you are doing a Form 4 Individual or Trust. Once your stamp gets approved, they mail / ship the suppressor directly to your house.
    They make it easier than having to drive to a dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk.
    Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that this can be done. Extra wait which for my first I wasn’t interested in. On my next I probably won’t mind. Just seems like some people thought I was trying to buy a “diesel fuel filter or something “ lol

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that this can be done. Extra wait which for my first I wasn’t interested in. On my next I probably won’t mind. Just seems like some people thought I was trying to buy a “diesel fuel filter or something “ lol

Making a suppressor out of a "Solvent Trap" kit is 100% legal also. I built 3 Form 1 suppressor's with them last year. Only took about 9 weeks to get my stamps approved doing the E-File Form 1 application.
    You just can't modify them until you get your stamps!

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Making a suppressor out of a "Solvent Trap" kit is 100% legal also. I built 3 Form 1 suppressor's with them last year. Only took about 9 weeks to get my stamps approved doing the E-File Form 1 application.
    You just can't modify them until you get your stamps!
    its still legit with a hole in the end, lol?

Top Bottom