• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Should I get the Jarvis barrel for my Five-seveN to connect with my SWR Spectre? Will I need an adapter to connect the SWR Spectre and the Five_seveN?

Jarvis Mfg barrel: "Thread pitch 10mm-1 right hand. "

SWR Spectre: "...connects to conventional 1/2x28 tpi or threads with a maximuum depth of 0.600"."

:confused:
    Lynx Defense

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I shot a 5.7 this weekend that had a threaded barrel. I don't know who made it, but could find out if you need me to check. The guy has a suppressor for it, but I don't remember who made it.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Madhouse, did you ever finish your 5.7 project. My pistol arrived today and I was thinking of sending my barrel to these guys [URL]http://tornado-technologies.com/services.html[/URL] to get threaded. Not sure if I should get the SWR adapter (I will be using my SWR Spectre suppressor) or the one from Tornado.

From what I've read the Jarvis barrel cost a bit more, takes longer to get, and has had some issues. Not sure what is facty or fiction.

Any hints would be great. I am planning to call SWR in the morning for advice. I want to get the pistol finished before December.

Regards,
    Chris

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I called SWR today and they informed me the Tornado barrel conversion is the preferred way to go. Henry informed me that was what he had on his 5.7 at the shop.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Madhouse, did you ever finish your 5.7 project. My pistol arrived today and I was thinking of sending my barrel to these guys [URL="http://tornado-technologies.com/services.html"][URL]http://tornado-technologies.com/services.html[/URL][/URL] to get threaded. Not sure if I should get the SWR adapter (I will be using my SWR Spectre suppressor) or the one from Tornado.

Hey Chris,

I sure did! I went with Tornado Tech, and I definitely recommend that route!

(click pics for higher resolution)

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Madhouse,

I'll be free to shoot after the middle of next month and definently want to do a range trip. We can head out to Impact Zone and I will also drag along the P90 if you want to give it a try.

How well does the 5.7 pistol suppress with the Spectre. I've never thought to ask anyone that simple questions. I know the P90 does a great job using my Gemtech M-402 but have never tried a 5.7 pistol round through a Spectre. Love the Spectre for my 22 stuff and use it more than any other in the safe.

That nice knife holding up your 5.7 looks like a Benchmade Osborne. The Osbrone has been one of the two knives in my daily rotation for 7 years now. Good choice.

Chris

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Yeah man, definitely! Let's get together.

I haven't shot it suppressed yet. I've used the SWR can on the my sbr AR-57 though, and it's very quiet! Also, I have some custom subsonic 5.7 loads that we can try out (150 rounds).

The knife is actually a Benchmade Switch-back, it was knife of the year a couple years back in American Handgunner. I use the little blade on the back for utility and the other is my social blade.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Madhouse,

Have you done the conversion yet on a ps-90 so it is able to host a 1/2-28 can? I set this up on the P90 but have not yet looked at the PS-90 and am unsure with the barrel shroud.

I've sent you a private message with my contact info so we can go shoot.

Chris

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    There is not enough barrel on the PS90 to thread for a suppressor unless you go SBR (not out of the question, but I haven't done mine). Getting back behind the flash hider is under 16".

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I just sold a Gemtech 57 can to a guy and he is looking for a barrel solution as Jarvis isn't making any more 5.7 barrels for a few months.

Would this work with teh 5.7 threads on teh emTech can?

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    From what I am hearing tornado technologies seem to be the guys for a 5.7 pistol barrel. They thread the barrel 10/1 which should match the Gemtech can and offer an adapter for that to go to 1/2 -28. Madhouse used them for his barrel, SWR gave them a strong recomendations from work they have had done, and I should have mine back this week for some feedback and a range trip after finals.

[URL]http://tornado-technologies.com/services.html[/URL]

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Hey Sean, it definitely will work - it's threaded correctly for the Gemtech can - M10x1mm.

I highly recommend getting the barrel done by Tornado Tech. My turn-around time was about 8 or 10 weeks.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Well cool. Now my customer has decided to move back to California!

Guess sending his 57 to Tornado would be futile.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Tornado had my 5.7 barrel back in under two weeks and did a great job. Thinking they may receive a Walther PPK soon. Very easy folks to work with.

Top Bottom