Capitol Armory ad

Questions about paper trail for ATF (FFL)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    My nephew recently got a FFL. Soon after getting it he applied for a class 3 and got that. His business is home based.
    No application for dealing in NFA. Class 3 is a tax, pay yearly and you are good.

Coming from a home based FFL/SOT holder (inside Fort Worth for that matter) (technically in a school zone, the last lady measured it out at like 980 yards...)

Zoning is the big concern of the inspector then they interview initially. We had the interview at my kitchen table and the lady never even looked inside my office.

As to the compliance audit, I have been in the business for just over 4 years. The ATF has been by once. She stopped by around noon on a Thursday while I was at my day job. My wife took her card, I called her back that night. My listed hours are 8pm to 10pm. We agreed the following Tuesday was a good day for her to come back. She was in and out in about 3 or 4 hours.

They did not ask me to be part of a fast and furious operation or shoot my dog. I was however prepared to shoot my dog if the need arose.

AdamT

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No application for dealing in NFA. Class 3 is a tax, pay yearly and you are good.

Coming from a home based FFL/SOT holder (inside Fort Worth for that matter) (technically in a school zone, the last lady measured it out at like 980 yards...)

Zoning is the big concern of the inspector then they interview initially. We had the interview at my kitchen table and the lady never even looked inside my office.

As to the compliance audit, I have been in the business for just over 4 years. The ATF has been by once. She stopped by around noon on a Thursday while I was at my day job. My wife took her card, I called her back that night. My listed hours are 8pm to 10pm. We agreed the following Tuesday was a good day for her to come back. She was in and out in about 3 or 4 hours.

They did not ask me to be part of a fast and furious operation or shoot my dog. I was however prepared to shoot my dog if the need arose.

AdamT

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Why the comment about "shooting your dog"?

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Why the comment about "shooting your dog"?
    More in jest, I have a wolfhound greyhound mix that has been dubbed a horse with claws. It is prone to jump up to say hi. That and it wouldn't have been the first time there have been stories of the Feds showing up at somebody's house and shooting the dog first.

I have had many of times with various Feds, State Police and local guys at my house. Some people are paranoid of the idea that the .GOV may know they own guns. The same guys post on gun forums and buy shit online. Go figure.

With that being said, I love my pooch until the dadgum thing opens the front door and takes off. When you have a dog that can run at 30+mph and not get tired or come back until it wants it turns into a love hate relationship. I have said for a year or two that I am going to get a shock collar but I can't stand the idea of zapping the dog...

tomballpa

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Slick Willy added a bunch of regulations that made me give up my FFL. Do you really want BATFE coming o your house for a compliance check is the first thing to ask yourself
    I can tell you that ATF will ask for a copy of your Deed Restrictions, and if businesses are prohibited they will not give you a license. But if no zoning or deed restrictions you can get an FFL for your residence.

Top Bottom