• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wkuace

Jul 6, 2009
    Hi I'm new to this board, i reciently went skeet shooting with family and decided i wanted a double barrel so i went to Gander Mountians website (its the only store local to me) while searching though the guns i found the Judge and really liked what i saw. I had never heard of a pistol that could fire shotgun shells! I've read lots of reviews which lead me to this site. I have a couple of questions that i haven't found any answers for and i was hoping you guys could help me.

1)how bad is the kick with the 410 shells/45's? I've shot several 410's and 12ga before but only shot my grandpa's 22 pistol, no other pistol experience.

2)would it even be possible to shoot skeet? we throw our clays (i'm bad at judging distance) 50-100 feet from us

3) how is the accuracy?

thank you for your help
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    1.) Not bad, the .410s kick less than the .45 Colts with shot. The .45 Colt is the same as a .45 ACP, which isn't a ton of recoil on it's own. It's a nice push in the hand, nothing aggressive.

2.) No, the spread is not controllable. You'd probably get one every so often, but odds are it'd be pretty futile to shoot skeet with it.

3.) Surprisingly good. It'll shoot a 2" group at 7 yards, and I'm not the best revolver shot in the world.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    It has it's place for defense but consider just what the pattern is like out of a 3" max. barrel. Demo video's show it spread to 6" or so within 5' or so.

You could shoot clays, in the box, but that's about it.

A .45 and a .22 aren't a good comparison at all. Find a range that rent guns or a friend that has a .45 and shoot one to see. You might even find a range that will have a Judge to shoot.

But again, it's a close range varmint gun, including 2 legged varmint.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It has it's place for defense but consider just what the pattern is like out of a 3" max. barrel. Demo video's show it spread to 6" or so within 5' or so.

I've seen quad-aught buck do that, and birdshot just covers a 2 foot wide target from corner to corner at 9 feet.

wkuace

Jul 6, 2009
    thanks for all your help
    i did find a site where a guy tested the judge he threw clays up by hand and shot 9 out of 10.
    as fun as it looks i don't really have a place to shoot a .45. i mostly just shoot skeet on my uncle's farm so i think i just keep looking for a double barrel.

Top Bottom