• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhorse522

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Angleton
    I work from 11:30 to 8am in a kinda bad area in houston. I'm 20 and own a 1911a1 I should under HB 1815 be allowed to carry this pistol underneath my seat with no problem from law enforcement correct?
    Lynx Defense

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I work from 11:30 to 8am in a kinda bad area in houston. I'm 20 and own a 1911a1 I should under HB 1815 be allowed to carry this pistol underneath my seat with no problem from law enforcement correct?

Agree with TR; however, if you go to our legislature website and look up HB 1815 you will see it had nothing to do with handguns. The bill to which you refer was in the 2007 Legislative session and has been codified into Texas Penal Code 46.02. Without the year, it is impossible to identufy the content of the bill There have been 2 legislative sessions since then and that bill number has been reused. It can properly be referred to as HB 1815, 2007 legislature, Regular session, or more accurately, Texas Penal Code 46.02.

You can car carry if'

1) the handgun is not in plain view
    2) you are not engaged in criminal activity (class C traffic offenses do not count)
    3) you are not prohibited by law from possesing a firearm
    4) you are not a member of a criminal street gang.

Be safe.

ShiftD40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Clutch City, TX
    Got this off the TXDps website.

58. If the handgun is on the seat beside me, am I still considered to be "carrying?"
    The statute refers to carrying a gun "on or about" your person. Texas courts generally have considered this to include any gun within your reach, including one stored in your glove compartment.

Top Bottom