• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Why don't they sell slide stops with a notch in them already? It does not affect function at all and you don't have to worry about the scratch!...

Anyhow, i didn't have a small file on hand so i used a Dremmel... i cleaned it up a bit after this photo and buffed it pretty well.. now you just push it in, no swivel necessary, no pushing the ball end to depress the spring... it just pushes straight in and firmly CLICK's into place.

Here is a pic... oh, and some stupid fancy grip screws got installed as well

JOe

282jleb.jpg

4slj7b.jpg

2upb9uc.jpg

s6psaq.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Good mod

I have a Charles daly that's a bit recalcitrant. I will try this on it

Thanks

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Yep, that mod was first posted(that I saw) several years ago on the 1911forum.com by Log Man in their smithing section. Use a triangular needle file. He has great pics over there.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yep, that mod was first posted(that I saw) several years ago on the 1911forum.com by Log Man in their smithing section. Use a triangular needle file. He has great pics over there.
    I figured i would not be the first, lol.

Funny I thought to use a file first... Just since moving to an apartment i can't find half my tools and i don't have a vise or a 3rd hand to hold the slide stop.

It works great, it was just an "Ah HA!" moment... I really don't know why someone doesn't make em' like this... aftermarket like Wilson or something. It just POP's right in... beautiful!

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    Where'd you get those screws? I found the website that sold them but I don't remember it anymore.

Also does it really make a difference visually? Such a small part make a difference?

Top Bottom