• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Not sure

I have a trust I did with Willmaker last week and am also running into some issues. My bank would not notorize the trust shying away from anything will related that may be disputed later. I will have to look for someone to take care of this when time permits. Regarding recording at the county clerk's office, Willmaker did not list Texas as a state requiring such.

All my previous are through my business and i want to try this route.

Chris

David

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Texas
    From what Ive heard, you dont have to file a revocable living trust with the clerks office in Texas.

Not 100% sure as I do the individual route.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Filing with the clerk's office may not be required but it might not be a bad ideal as it gives a record of the trust.

I filed my DD-214 with the Clerk's office back in --- well let's just say that war wasn't civil. Have had to get copies from them from time to time.

p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet
    There is no provision for recording your trust down at the Court House, as its not subject to probate(yes I talked to the records, and Probate folks here in Tarrant county/Fort Worth)

Anyone with a notery stamp, including used car lots can notorize your trust papers(my Wells Fargo branch had no qualms doing mine at all)

the items on my trust so far: a 5.56 AWC suppressor, a FN PS90 SBR, Suppressed Ruger 22/45( AAC Phoenix MKII)

p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet
    Thanks :) I had a few machine guns a few years ago, but a divorce has a way of parting you from your belongings lol. Sure cant afford full auto now...thankfully SBR stamps, and the cost of good suppressor are still in reach.
    Here in Tarrant county Alpine shooting range will let you use SBR and suppressors(they just want to see your Form 1's or 4's) And its funny to see the reaction of some of the other shooters( ah ah you cant have that! thats illigal - he declares really loud so the range master would hear) He looked so sullen when the Range master told him that it was perfectly legal lol)
    To the confused looks of when shooting supersonic ammo though the AWC 5.56 suppressor mounted on my 10/22, at the rimfire range...it sounded like the target was shooting, not my 10/22 lol
    of course with standard velocity its quieter than most pellet guns ...and very accurate(10 shots you can cover with a quarter at 50 yds)

airshow2007073ta6.jpg

Gun Trust Lawyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    43 States
    Texas Gun Trust Registration

I spoke with a lawyer in Texas and they told me that there is no requirement to register a revocable gun trust but when upon the death of the settlor or with an irrevocable trust it must be registered. These are the same requirements that are in Florida.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom