• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riggergreg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Whitewright
    I picked up a taurus TCP yesterday for $289 at The Bullet Trap. I've been looking for a little pocket pistol for those times when I just don't want to wear one of my full size pistols. I had read some pretty good reviews, so decided to get it over the Kel-tec or Ruger LCP.

First off, It ust felt better in my hand than the other two.
    2nd, It comes with two 6 rd mags and a cordura case/holster with a belt clip, so you could clip it on and go.
    3rd, This one has the lock back after the last rd.

P10003721.jpg

The ammo used was 50 rds of American Eagle 95gr FMJ and only one mag of Cor-Bon 90gr JHP. Expensive stuff!!

I started at 9 ft just to see how it would feel. First 6 rds were inside 3". 2nd 6 rds were just as tight. All rds loaded and ejected with no problems at all. Recoil was not near as bad as I expected. Trigger pull is long, but not too heavy. I'd guess about 5 lbs. After a few rds, I learned how much I could take up the trigger between shots and got some fairly accurate double taps.
    Out to 20', I was hitting inside 6" without a problem.

Sorry, I didn't get any target pics, as I blew the hell out of it with my new Springer mil-spec

The only thing I might do is add a touch of white paint to the front site, as its a little difficult to acquire in dim light.

All in all, I really happy with it and won't be afraid to have this as a backup or a quick trip pocket pistol.

P10003731.jpg

P10003741.jpg

riggergreg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Whitewright
    [QUOTE
    Can it use the same holsters as the LCP/kel tec 380?][/QUOTE]

I haven't tried any holsters yet. I have some leather, cordura, and neoprene in the shop. I think I'll try to make my own.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Is the size comparable to a LCP? I like the looks of those but hesitated on picking one up without fondling one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    Do you think it would it benefit from a finger extension on the magazine? The LCP feels completely different with/without the extension. I can't stand to shoot it without.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    I shot a few rounds through it and it is very similar to my LCP. Taurus makes an extended grip (that also adds 2 rounds) that would be benificial to those that prefer their pinky finger on the gun. I really like that the slide locks open on empty, something the LCP doesn't do. Plus the price is a bit cheaper and that is always a plus.

Thanks again for letting me shoot it.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Thanks for the opportunity to shoot it Sunday. While the fit and finish isn't the same of the LCP, not far off though, the trigger is 100 times better IMHO. I may be selling my LCP in the near future......

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks for the range report, I got to handle one of these at the gun show last weekend and I liked it a lot better than the Kel-Tex P3AT that I used to own! I also got a chance to compare it size-wise with the PT709 Slim (which I have) and was amazed at how much smaller it is! I was a bit disappointed when I got the Slim as other than width, it is pretty much the same size as my PT111; but no fear, both are great and reliable shooters! I have had no FTF/FTEs from either with a couple of hundred rounds through both. I am hesitant to own another .380 (if only for the scarcity and price of ammo); but if I did “pull the trigger” on another pocket gun, it would most definitely be the TCP!

And you got a great price, the cheapest I could find at the show was $325!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom