Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Why confused?
    Out of pig.
    Out for pig.
    Out with bitch. (Skyy the XX pit bull)
    SIG rifle with T-1.

No pigs.
    Nice Oskar Blues IPA by the flowing Cibolo.
    Owls hooting. Coyotes howling.

Back on thread topic: I like my T-1.
    $700 is, quite admittedly, expensive.

Sorry for the superfluous poetry, though it's a "Life is good" evening.

Ohhh the dog comment. at first it looked like you shot a dog sorry I didn't look closer at it lol

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ohhh the dog comment. at first it looked like you shot a dog sorry I didn't look closer at it lol

OMG, no, now I get it.

I did not shoot her!
    That is Skyy the all-purpose pit bull. My hiking companion.
    Was my son's frat-house dog at Tx-Tech until his frat got, in perpetuity, kicked off campus.
    I then inherited her.
    She's 11. Slowing a bit. A great companion, as bitches go!

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    ok so back on topic. va finally fixed my dependency status and got a big back pay check 6500 so I can focus again on what sight to get. Sorry I have been away from the computer the past few days with baseball games and trying to get ready for a trip to florida.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    I have Eotechs, Vortex and Holosuns. I like them all, but my favorites are the Holosuns. I have 3 of them, on AK, M1A SOCOM and VEPR12. They are awesome, holds up to the shock and have a solar panel to help with battery or if it's dead, they still work. They came with high and low mounts, quick disconnects and the 515C came with flip caps. Holosun is who makes Primary Arms sights for them. The Vortex has great customer service, which I've used, changes from red to green dot, but is a little larger. They also are very military friendly and have a huge military discount if you sign up threw them. Eotechs, used one over there, so has a place in my heart and the ones I have work fine, but can be bulky. They do take regular batteries though which can be handy.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    a7fb1ea7176493a4c57e0320e7a1e8bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I went with the vortex strikefire. I know their scopes are good and I wasn't going to buy this style but I decided that I might want to get a flip up magnifier. It was a great price and clear optics.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Well took the ar to the range with the new vortex and I am very pleased with it. Put 180 rounds down range yes it was only 25 yds but it was very quick to get sight picture after each round. I am pleased with my purchase.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I just recently bought a few cheapos to try out from Amazon. One is the ohuhu reflex style and the other is an ohuhu compact red dot.

At under $30 each my expectations aren't too high.

A friend of mine has the reflex style on a saiga rifle and it holds zero. Also a serious increase in fun factor but I wouldn't trust it in battle due to the somewhat fragile design.

I have been fairly impressed with primary arms as well as the bushnell tr25. The TRS w/riser is money well spent.

However, there is a huge gap in overall durability, sharpness(without pixelation) and battery life between low and high end units.

My go to AR setup is a co-witnessed eotech. While my Steyr sports an aimpoint PRO.

IMO Aimpont, Eotech and Trijicon are professional grade optics. They are also big money.

Somewhere in between are the Vortex, Burris, Bushnell and Primary Arms dots.

The "get what you pay for" rule will apply but there is still tons of fun to had with the low end options.

If it doesn't make the grade on your primary rifle, you can always demote it to rimfire duty.

Top Bottom