• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    I am looking at 10 Acres on the West Flank of the Quitman Moutains. South of Sierra Blanca. I know I know, there is nothing there, you cant do anything with the land..ETC,ETC. I want the land to camp on and build a small cabin. Not to live on and not to farm....I am concerned with the slope....how steep are they?
    Hurley's Gold

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    Well yes, at 400' I believe. When I say you can't do anything, what I really mean is it's very difficult to cultivate or keep animals on. There are still uses for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I was just curious. I was thinking about buying some land out that way, and a member here suggested i not

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    Here is my advice. Don't buy it sight unseen. Drive out to it and find the corners of the property..make sure you have an easement to get to it, and make sure your rig can drive you to it.

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    On that note, I might say, look at a map and find hwy2. Just across the border in Mx...if your between that and I10... Know that you may be in a drug smuggling route.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...make sure you have an easement to get to it...
    +1 on this.

I have a few acres that I took, sight unseen, in re-payment of a debt. I had loaned someone money and I was willing to write it off when I did it. He wanted to give me something and, eventually, gave me a few acres.

There is an easement to my property. Unfortunately, the person who lives between my property and the road built his garage right on top of the easement. Also, the only tree on his property is, again, right in the middle of the easement.

Yeah, I could probably drag him to court and get him to knock down his garage and tear out that tree. Then I'd have a neighbor who hated me forever and would (I believe) sabotage anything I left on that land when I wasn't there. No one wants to buy it. There are a couple of contiguous landowners who are also landlocked and in the same boat as me; at one time or another, we've all tried to sell to each other just to get rid of land we can't use without it being more trouble than it's worth.

I actually tried to give it to a charity and they wouldn't take it.

So whenever I hear somebody talk about buying some remote, small parcel where "you can't do anything with the land", I get a tad apprehensive.

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    What is out that way to hunt?

I have always wanted to try rattle snake, but I think hunting those once will suffice.....considering the whole proximity needed for rock flipping and such.

Is there any Medium to Large Game worth hunting out there....that may be a dumb question, there has to be something.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom