Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I did 30 days.

It worked. But it took the joy out of life. I would sit and think about stuff I enjoyed doing but it had no appeal. Sometimes I'd have the urge to pick my face off and climb up the wall like Spider-Man.

After the initial 30 day pack was gone I had about 3 days as the Chantix cleared where I felt great and had no urge to smoke, but then the craving came back.

I feel sure I would have quit for good if I'd done the full 90 days, but it would have been a shitty, joyless 90 days.

I also had some really fucked up dreams that were as real as they could be. Waking up and needing a few minutes to convince myself I wasn't hiding from the cops for some gruesome crime. Dreams were just like reality. Unnerving. I've had similar dreams trying to quit without chantix, but not nearly as vivid.

I never drank while taking it. If I had gotten the full 90 day rx from the start I probably would have continued. After having it clear out and feeling good again I didn't want to start it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My GF used it, twice I believe, still smokes, but I think she just never wanted to quit.
    She never mentioned anything weird.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I am still trying to figure out how to use it. Can I smoke while on it? Is it just one day take the urge away? I guess I am too lazy to read the manual...

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Thanks. I am trying to drop the habit before my lab gets moved to it's new location. I do want to quit so maybe that will help other than the $10 a day it cost...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I am still trying to figure out how to use it. Can I smoke while on it? Is it just one day take the urge away? I guess I am too lazy to read the manual...

I continued smoking and as a week or so passed the urge went away and the cigarettes started tasting horrible.

The first week or so slowly steps up the dosage. I think I stopped smoking somewhere in the second week.

Seriously, they will start tasting horrible and halfway through you will put it out because it's doing nothing for you anyways.

I did put on about 10lbs over that month. I was constantly snacking.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Good luck with your quest to stop smoking Sugar land. My doctor suggested Chantix to me about 6 years ago, but I declined and went another route. I was averaging more than $10 a day for cigarettes.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Good luck with your quest to stop smoking Sugar land. My doctor suggested Chantix to me about 6 years ago, but I declined and went another route. I was averaging more than $10 a day for cigarettes.

Damn.

When I went on Chantix I was anywhere from 18-25 bucks a day. Depending on how many hours I worked.

Now I'm at $6.50 a day and an E-cig.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Damn.

When I went on Chantix I was anywhere from 18-25 bucks a day. Depending on how many hours I worked.

Now I'm at $6.50 a day and an E-cig.

Yeah, E-cig is the route I went also. Haven't had a cigarette since July 2010. Costs me about $45 a month and I'm still addicted to nicotine. I was spending $360 a month on cigs. Now I can afford a car payment, lol. Actually, I think I'm spending the money on guns and ammo.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You are getting the ones that look like cigarettes, right?

I tried that and it was shit. Got a real e-cig and it's been great.

Using 24mg nicotine though so I'm just as hooked as I ever was. Just a cheaper habit. About $20 a week.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Two of them were what I bought as "real".
    One of those she purchased from a smoke shop that would create special mixture.

HongKong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2016
    Houston, TX
    I quit cold turkey like 10 years ago.

How?

When I got sick around December one year... no one in the house smoke but me so I'd have to go outside. Since I was sick and it's cold outside/raining I didn't smoke until I got better which took 3 days. Once I felt better and was able to go out and ball again, I remember riding in my friends car and everyone was pulling out smokes. I was faced with a decision to continue smoking or quit? I chose to quit. The urge wasn't bad since I was coming off a cold and haven't smoked in 3 days so me being sick helped quit smoking. After a week (7 days) of not smoking, I forgotten about it completely.. no urges whatsoever.

Crazy thing is, 2 Halloweens ago, I went out and got plastered. So wasted, I asked for a cigarette and that's all she wrote. That weekend and the next, and the next etc. I was a full blown smoker again. I finally came to my senses and quit again for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time etc but it was much easier this time around.

That's my journey to stop smoking... good luck on yours.

Top Bottom