• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yep, my GF has quit smoking multiple times, lol.

Same here. The amazing part, she can stop on a dime. No mood changes, no drama. Smoke cigs for three/four weeks. Stops it COLD. No doubt, no excuses. Cold a$$ Turkey.

I personally wouldn't take chantex(no way in hell). If a person does take it. Warn me if you're going the range. Ill skip that day. I prefer a psychotropic free range.....but that's just me.

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    I did 30 days.

It worked. But it took the joy out of life. I would sit and think about stuff I enjoyed doing but it had no appeal. Sometimes I'd have the urge to pick my face off and climb up the wall like Spider-Man.

After the initial 30 day pack was gone I had about 3 days as the Chantix cleared where I felt great and had no urge to smoke, but then the craving came back.

I feel sure I would have quit for good if I'd done the full 90 days, but it would have been a shitty, joyless 90 days.

I also had some really fucked up dreams that were as real as they could be. Waking up and needing a few minutes to convince myself I wasn't hiding from the cops for some gruesome crime. Dreams were just like reality. Unnerving. I've had similar dreams trying to quit without chantix, but not nearly as vivid.

I never drank while taking it. If I had gotten the full 90 day rx from the start I probably would have continued. After having it clear out and feeling good again I didn't want to start it back up.

this sounds exactly like the experiance i had with this drug... I don't recommend it to anyone if the subject comes up.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I've known several people who have used it and reactions ran from mild to severe. It seems that alcohol can make the reactions worse so avoid it as much as possible.

I quit cold turkey four years ago when I retired. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I think mainly because I wasn't around anyone else who smoked. I still kind of miss it but I resist (not that hard) because I know if I smoke one I'll likely start up again.

I wish you luck.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've known several people who have used it and reactions ran from mild to severe. It seems that alcohol can make the reactions worse so avoid it as much as possible.

I quit cold turkey four years ago when I retired. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I think mainly because I wasn't around anyone else who smoked. I still kind of miss it but I resist (not that hard) because I know if I smoke one I'll likely start up again.

I wish you luck.

Yep.

Me and my wife talked about it and went over the possible side effects before I started. That way if I fell in to the severe end of the spectrum she could make the decision to call it off.

I never had any violent tendencies though. Clear headed as any other time and no more cranky than if I'd quit cold turkey. Just very drab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Same here. The amazing part, she can stop on a dime. No mood changes, no drama. Smoke cigs for three/four weeks. Stops it COLD. No doubt, no excuses. Cold a$$ Turkey.

I personally wouldn't take chantex(no way in hell). If a person does take it. Warn me if you're going the range. Ill skip that day. I prefer a psychotropic free range.....but that's just me.

How ironic.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    How ironic.

Just please warn me ahead of time. That also includes narcotics, alcohol, pharmo depressants and amphetamines.

It's the creepy feeling I get about people that stay at the bench while other go and check targets. I read about the side affects. I've experienced the side effects. Knowing both.

I refuse to attend the same range. Just a personalized choice. If someone finds their wife in bed with someone else. Chugs the pills. Then go's to range to blow off steam. Those side effects are unpredictable.

It's a very uneasy feeling by those that don't take pharmaceutical anything. And the only goal is participating in a safe range experience. Psychotropic drugs are not safe. 1+1

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I hear smoking weed helps one quit tobacco. Also improves general health and virility. Probably cures cancer too.

lol

J/K. Good luck w kicking the habit - sincerely.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I used it one of times I quit.

I got really queazy.

I will say the edge was gone. Aching, crappy mood, the actual physical symptoms.
    The habit of the ritual was still there.

Id use it again.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Second time I used it I became clinically depressed. The wife went and bought the cigarettes and threw the chantex away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

sylvirfoxx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2017
    Texas
    I'm not a smoker, but I've got a friend who is. He took Chantix back a few years ago (I seem to remember that they did a temporary recall or something on it soon afterwards, and then later put it back on the market), and it gave him diabetes. He didn't take great care of himself to begin with, but it was the Chantix that ultimately did it.

I sincerely hope it works very well for you and that you don't have any negative short- or longterm side effects from it. I've heard some people say it helped them.

Top Bottom