• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Great job. Are you guys still vaping? If not, how did you quit vaping? Just step down the nicotine dosage? I haven't bought cigs since last Sunday and I haven't smoked since. Saturday morning around 5:30. Today was my first day without that morning smoke and I feel fine. I have 4 tanks I am rotating 4 different flavors. I think I'm gonna order some flavorless and see how I like it.

CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    Great job. Are you guys still vaping? If not, how did you quit vaping? Just step down the nicotine dosage? I haven't bought cigs since last Sunday and I haven't smoked since. Saturday morning around 5:30. Today was my first day without that morning smoke and I feel fine. I have 4 tanks I am rotating 4 different flavors. I think I'm gonna order some flavorless and see how I like it.

Thank you itchin. Congrats to you as well for skipping that 1st smoke of the day... that's a tough one. Well, that and the after meal smokes.
    I think you are doing the right thing by having multiple tanks. Variety is seldom a bad thing.

Yes, we are still vaping since it's taking a while to undo a 30 year nicotine habit (for us anyway).
    Our last cigarette was June 5 2013 and I have slowly been dropping nicotine level since. We started at 24mg and when headaches set in, we drop the nicotine level. I am at 6mg now (the wife still at 12) and I hope to be done with nicotine completely in the next couple months. I don't see any reason to rush it since I feel much better physically, the house and cars don't stink, and we are still saving a ton of money. Once my system no longer requires nicotine, I will quit vaping unless the hand/mouth interaction becomes a problem. I think because I am vaping less and less as time goes by, that shouldn't be a problem.

Keep up the good work, you won't regret it.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. So far I'm doing great just vaping. I haven't had a cigarette since Saturday 5:30 am. It seems to be getting much easier. I've noticed when someone comes into my office I can smell the smoke on them and it smells terrible. If I can quit smoking using a vaporizer anyone can. I've smoked everyday for 19 years not missing a day. The thought of not seeing my kids grow old is my main motivation. I may still be addicted to nicotine but for the first time in most of my life I can say I'm a non-smoker and it feels pretty damn good.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Remember that anecdotes on quitting helped me get through it.

Smoked from the age of 14 (Picayune), to 47 (3 packs/day Merit Ultra Lights), quit, cold turkey, on Nov 16, 1991, 1:15 AM, on the way home from a gig at the Muckey Duck in Houston. Flu, 103 fever, coughing lungs up, cold and rainy outside, and two hours before, like a damned fool, I'd walked a mile round trip in that pouring rain just to get a pack of cigarettes to last through the last set because the club did not carry my brand in the machine.

Turned onto my street in the pouring rain, sick as a dog, rolled down the window of the truck and threw the remaining half pack onto the street. Thus far that was the last cigarette I ever smoked and, at one point, I had actually stopped a war (at least my small part of it) to smoke a cigarette.

Truth were known, two hours later, if it hadn't been raining so hard, I'd gone back and retrieved that pack.

22 years later, I still feel a very brief pang of desire when drinking the rare beer, which is why I switched to wine; and can smell a smoker driving down the road with his windows up while I'm walking on the opposite sidewalk. Smoking was one of the most pleasurable things I've ever done, but it got easier every day to the point that I've rarely thought about it the last 21 of those 22 years.

Hardest part was finding something to take your mind off smoking during that ten minutes it took to puff one, beaucoup times a day.

You're on the right road. Hang in there ...

CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    22 years later, I still feel a very brief pang of desire when drinking the rare beer, which is why I switched to wine; and can smell a smoker driving down the road with his windows up while I'm walking on the opposite sidewalk.

My mother has not smoked in about 25 years but mentions that she also still gets the occasional urge to smoke from time to time.

I quit for a little over a year when I was 18 but ended up sloshed at the bar and continued smoking until I was 48. I don't drink any more since tough times throughout the years would allow either cigs or alcohol, but not both. I suppose quitting drinking was about the only redeeming factor I can think of from smoking all those years. I get urges when watching people smoke on tv every once in a while but I find the smell of a burning cigarette repulsive these days.

I am not bashing the smokers since I did it for many years. But yes, I too can smell a smoker from a distance regardless of whether they are smoking or not.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Early morning vaping tip: kicking that morning cigarette can be difficult. What has worked for me is immediately start vaping upon waking up. For some reason it seems really harsh in the morning. Take it with you in the bathroom. You do not need to inhale. If you prefer inhaling. Start off not inhaling and work your way into lung hits. For me this is the hardest smoke to kick. After about 5 minutes of vaping. The urge to smoke is gone. Now make your coffee and go on about your day. I have noticed vaping does get smoother after brushing my teeth. Brush them right away. If you can break that morning smoke the rest of the day is easy. Good luck to everyone out there vaping. If you have any tips please post up.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Have no idea the going rate of a pack at a convenience store today?

Were I still paying 1991 prices for a three pack-a-day habit, that's roughly $45k up in smoke in 22 years. Granted, might not still be around because of it, but even half that to support a firearm jones is a helluva incentive/justification, especially when a spouse needs to be convinced.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Just passed my 4 year anniversary. My last cigarette was July 22, 2010 at 4:30pm. After 45 years of heavy smoking and many attempts to quit. I owe it all to vaping. I don't intend to quit vaping until they outlaw it. I was spending $360 a month on smokes. Works out to just a little over 17 grand.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    I quit smoking 10/18/2012 by vaping. I smoked for over 50 years. I do feel better and can breath alot better now for an old fart.
    Still vaping at this time, nicotine down to 12mg. I started with a ego kit and now use the VV Itaste and have a ProVari mini that I bought used (they are expensive as heck new---but there is a difference in them). Use a bottom coil clearomizer and make my own coils and use cotton for the wicks. Also make my own ejuice so my costs are almost nothing plus I get what I want from them. I think it's more of a hobby now.:laughing:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I think it's more of a hobby now.:laughing:
    So .... you're addicted to vaping?
    3531a34faafcd3d5ab8749a94f57319e.gif

I appreciate all the good info and positive changes guys but, if you're so smart explain this, why am I so hesitant to make the change?!? :mad:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Glockster the cool thing about vaping is even if you only cut down 50% you will save money and your lungs will feel better. I.went from a pack a day, to half a pack, to one cig a day, now I'm not smoking at all. I've been fine. Haven't had a nic fit. Today I went out to my normal smoking spot at work and puffed my vaporizer. I didn't crave a cig.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Still trucking along just fine. Was thinking maybe we should do some horse trading on vaping liquid and supplies. I have a vv knock off spinner. 1200 mah iirc. Works great. Would like to try some different liquids. I am not a fan of tobacco flavors. I enjoy mild smooth flavors like butter rum and coconut. I have tons of flavors I'd be willing to trade or fill up one of your bottles for you to try. Most of my liquid is 24mg. I have other batteries and a couple stardust cheapo cartomizers. I will not vape Chinese liquid or liquid bought from unknown sources. Ya know what I'm just gonna start another thread.

Top Bottom