• ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Charlie;1613275 said:
    I guess I got in late here but, who really gives a shit what kind of hat somebody wears? Some of you folks are extremely sensitive about things that absolutely do not matter. Ease up, there are many, many more important things to worry about besides hats, handshakes, OC, CC, etc. :banana:

Well, you can also take into account that the flat brimmed hipster saw an assault taking place and instead of doing anything helpful he broke out his phone and was trying to get a worldstar video.
    Venture Surplus ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    txinvestigator;1613339 said:
    The news I saw was a positive regarding the gun guy. The police even said it was self defense and they are looking for the other party for assault.
    The report was decent until they interviewed the stoned "camera man" in a bar.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Damn straight he pulled his gun. And if it had been me, I would have pulled it the moment I felt threatened that he would hit me. Assuming I could have reacted that fast.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Seems to me the gun kept it from getting way out of hand. I'm not sure I would have let get as far as it did, but I wasn't there.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I often wondered at what point in an argument, with no "weapons" involved, is it legal to go to deadly force.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm all for "Stand your ground", but in this case a child was involved. I would think that after the confrontation with the other father and probable unrest with his family members that at that time, it's time to remove the child from a possibly ugly situation. But like I said, I wasn't there, and maybe it's just me.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    easy rider;1613491 said:
    I'm all for "Stand your ground", but in this case a child was involved. I would think that after the confrontation with the other father and probable unrest with his family members that at that time, it's time to remove the child from a possibly ugly situation. But like I said, I wasn't there, and maybe it's just me.

I'm not sure what course of action you're proposing here. Should the father just let himself get beat up in front of his child because said child was there? Should he lose custody of his child for defending himself?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Kar98;1613492 said:
    I'm not sure what course of action you're proposing here. Should the father just let himself get beat up in front of his child because said child was there? Should he lose custody of his child for defending himself?

From what I read it was 10 minutes between the confrontation with the other father and the next confrontation. Maybe he wasn't paying attention, but I believe if it were me I would be keeping an eye on them. I can read body language fairly well, and if I saw that situation could escalate, my first concern would be the child. Now sure, the child wasn't attacked, but she shouldn't be witness to seeing what she had. Although my children are grown, I certainly wouldn't have subjected them to that if at all possible.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Yeah and it's a good point to go ahead and leave after the first confrontation.
    Sometimes hindsight is 20/20, but that would have been the better option.

ToolManU2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2016
    c4d03bc2adbd81a5b45938b84c191464.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom