• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    I was informed this morning that Cheryl, from Hot Wells Shooting Range, lost her battle with Cancer. For those of you that did not know Cheryl, she meant more to the Texas shooting community than anyone could possibly fathom. She always treated her customers with respect and kindness. It did not matter whether you were shooting or just came by to shoot the bull, she always had a kind word or a salty quip to make you feel at home. I chose to shoot at her range on my days off because of this! Those were just a few of the qualities that earned her the distinction of NRA Recruiter of the Year in 2008. Her generosity was always evident as she was more than willing to help us out with any questions we had while we were trying to figure out the range business. Her advice was always spot on and full of conviction. On more than one occasion, I ran out of targets for our range, underestimating what I needed for the week. She would laugh at my incompetence and belt out "Just go to the back and get whatever you need, honey." She even told me not to worry about replenishing what I took! Texas, we have lost a true patriot of our sport and ideology. Take a moment and say a prayer for the Hot Wells family, as Cheryl can never be replaced.
    Jeff
    Shiloh Shooting Range
    Capitol Armory ad

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    RIP Cheryl, I spent some time in there just hanging out when I first got back to Texas and was working in the Cypress area, she is largely responsible for getting me back into shooting on the civilian side. Truly a great presence in our community and she will be missed.

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    I was at Hotwells this morning and heard the heart felt news. Cheryl was a strong advocate of our liberties, informed/educated/encouraged many people to their rights of owning a gun and you can see; see was loved by many.

One funny story I have:
    I went by Hotwells to fire my new AR-15.. Cheryl was sitting in a chair talking with everyone in the room. As I was their getting everything ready, I asked the person behind the counter about sighting in a scope for my AR-15. Cheryl chimed in with a cigarette in her hand "I'll take that AR, throw it in the air and shoot it with my 7 mag!" I knew it was her way of saying "Get some balls boy and get you a real gun.."

She's truly a patriot that will be missed...

Top Bottom