• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Funny thing is, years ago I was watching Apocalypse Now (Redux) and noticed it was Ermey flying one of the Hueys in the classic attack scene on the beachfront village! :machine:

tonyt79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Lavon
    Met him back in 2004 and I still have this
    IMG_1350.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    He was at a book signing at the Frisco Gun Club a couple of years ago. There were at least 200 people in line. Each person he would sign their book etc seated at a table then get up come around the table and speak, i mean converse, not just thanks. Then pose for a picture which his assistant would take with your camera. Each and every person. I was worn out just from standing in line. I would have to be carried out if i got up and down that many times.

i got him to sign a couple of books and my dvd copies of “Boys In Company C” and “Siege Of Firebase Gloria” for me. He asked me where in the world I got them as if he was surprised they were on dvd much less someone had them.

Closest I have ever been to greatness.

2b9003ef376413e8c152008dedcbdb71.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    42b69885e2008f5286e702beddaf010d.jpg
    9fb87c39571d4c780dac6620e632645e.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, despite there being a line around the building, Ermey took the time to talk and take photos with everyone who was there. I understand from the manager at Top Brass that he stayed hour after he was suppose to leave to ensure everyone that came had a chance to meet him. The man had supernatural energy and made an effort to actually spend time with those who wanted to meet with him.

He also did a PSA several years ago for the military organization I now work for. From what I understand (it was before my time), someone found out that he was going to be in town and asked if he would be willing to speak before a camera. He replied he would be willing to do a full-on commercial, so they set it up with the local Air National Guard fighter wing. My organization provided him a script, which he read once and then went on to ad lib the entire segment. He nailed it (but not without a few outtakes, which are heavily guarded!). He then went on to buy lunch for everyone involved, saying servicemembers never pay for a meal when he's around.

Gunny was a giant among men, a true patriot and gentleman. I actually know Tim Colerci, the guy who Gunny beat out for the drill instructor role in Full Metal Jacket. Tim would have done a great job with that role, but Ermey obviously nailed it. Tim's fame from the door gunner role may not be much consolation, but I am sure he knows in retrospect that the decision to move Ermey into the DI role was the right one!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I have a friend who got range time with him at the SHOT show a few years ago. She was going through a whole lot of hell in her personal life, and Ermey picked up on it. Without prying or invading her privacy, he took her under his wing and even checked up on her various times through the weekend. He was a good man. And one hell of a personality.

Top Bottom