• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think a lot of the replies here to the OP are just folks repeating bullshit they've heard on the net. A buddy of mine bought a Remington police special from Cabelas 2 years ago, in .308, and the only thing he did to the rifle was to replace the factory trigger with a Timney aftermarket model. With his hand loads he can put 3 shots inside the size of a nickel, at 100 yards. I don't know what you "experts" on here think of that, but to me, that is a damn accurate rifle.

It isn't BS. A gunsmith on another forum accurized a 700 and found the factory receiver was 1/8th inch out if square.

Everybody's rifle will put 3 shots in 3/4". That is nothing to brag about these days. Of course most of them do it with all factory parts.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It isn't BS. A gunsmith on another forum accurized a 700 and found the factory receiver was 1/8th inch out if square.

Everybody's rifle will put 3 shots in 3/4". That is nothing to brag about these days. Of course most of them do it with all factory parts.

It's the internet, it must be true...

:green:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It's the internet, it must be true...

:green:
    He posted pictures but yeah, believe what you want.

Don't get me wrong, everybody can put out shooters and duds. The pure volume almost guarantees it.

But I truly believe if the military had never used a (highly modified) 700 they wouldn't be on anybody's radar today.

"The military uses it so it must be the best" is one of the worst pieces of misinformation going.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Yeah, like "mil-spec", back in the day it meant basically sloppy tolerances, so the damn thing would run in mud, dirt and wet weather. I think it means the same damn thing today! But every asks: " Is it mil-spec? If not, I don't want it." LOL! That 700 you were talking about would be Mil-spec!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    He posted pictures but yeah, believe what you want.

Don't get me wrong, everybody can put out shooters and duds. The pure volume almost guarantees it.
    But I truly believe if the military had never used a (highly modified) 700 they wouldn't be on anybody's radar today.

"The military uses it so it must be the best" is one of the worst pieces of misinformation going.

This is the camp I am in.

texanite15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    Houston, Tx
    Only Remington i would currently buy would be a 5R but anything else is a little iffy for me. Ive had much better luck with other companies. Just look around and see what you find. Worth the wait

Top Bottom