• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Nice! There's lots of scenarios where 4 wheels trump two, but you can get a decent used liter bike for $5k. How much does that R8 cost? :laughing:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Audi claims for the R8 v10 Plus 550hp and a top track speed of 198mph $200,000

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Idk about you guys but I like when the budget build/junkyard dog drags a bikes ass. R8 does nothing for me.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    interesting you posted this. I'm a lotus and BMW fan. Currently driving a TDI. Building my wife's dream home out on the land with the agreement that once the house is built I get my supercar.

The R8 is definitely on my consideration list.

Last edited:

tXfactor

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2013
    Spring TX
    That wasn't a race. That was reckless driving/riding and the bikes would've walked away from the Audi if they really wanted to.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That wasn't a race. That was reckless driving/riding and the bikes would've walked away from the Audi if they really wanted to.

No way the car could keep up with bikes (esp. those 2 bikes) if riders are even slightly capable.

ETA: I commented before watching video, I would have been no where near that car, lol....

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Cool machinery. Dumb place to play with it.

Made me nervous as heck when the Audi would get so close to the bike's rear wheel. I think it's a fear of mine, to run something down with the truck. I've run over cats, dogs and other 4legged critters. The thumping underneath is unpleasant and an ugly memory that doesnt go away. Can't stomach the thought of an accident with a human being.

There was something in the passenger's tone of voice, wasn't there? ;)

She had something in her mouth alright. :what:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    That was on the Autobahn. I drove the A5 between Frankfurt and Giessen everyday for 8 years and there's one thing you learn very quickly. Stay the Hell out of the left lane. Camping out on the left is a real good way to get killed.

If you need to pass, pass then get back right.

It doesn't matter how fast you are going, someone else is always going faster.

Those cars you see hanging out in the left lane in the video are creating a dangerous situation and breaking the law.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    That was on the Autobahn. I drove the A5 between Frankfurt and Giessen everyday for 8 years and there's one thing you learn very quickly. Stay the Hell out of the left lane. Camping out on the left is a real good way to get killed.

If you need to pass, pass then get back right.

It doesn't matter how fast you are going, someone else is always going faster.

Those cars you see hanging out in the left lane in the video are creating a dangerous situation and breaking the law.

That surprised me also. I remember them being a lot more cognicient of their surroundings and staying out of the way. Another thing I remember is how verboten and dangerous it was to pass on the right............................

Good Video.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    My father-in-law has a Z06. The damn thing is a BEAST.

I have no problem believing it can eat the R8....

Torque wins races but the Z06 certainly isn't "eating" the Audi. The Vette guys needs to learn how to shift.

Top Bottom