• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    [h=2]Radical Firearms Raising Funds To Donate Patrol Rifles To LE[/h]July 8th, 2016 It pains us as a nation to see how many law enforcement officers over the last few weeks, specifically here in TEXAS, have been killed in the line of duty. These men and women are our neighbors, friends, and family, here to protect us from evil. We have to give our officers the ability to match force with force. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the fallen officers as well as the wounded officers that were trying to preserve peace. We cannot sit idly by as these horrendous acts happen…
    Today, we are taking the initiative and starting a campaign to help protect as many Law Enforcement Officers as we can in the case their department doesn’t issue an officer a rifle. We are putting plans in motion to help Law Enforcement Officers get peace of mind back to be able to match or exceed the force they are put against.
    We are accepting direct donations for Radical Firearms Blueline rifles that will go directly to a Law Enforcement Officer, starting with officers in Dallas, Texas.
    With every $500 donated, one of our Radical Firearms Blueline rifles will go directly to a peace officer within 24hrs.
    There are two levels of donation:
    A) $100 Level
    Every person that donates $100 will get a Radical Firearms Gift Bag Filled with goodies.
    B) $250 Level
    Every $250 donation will get a Gift Certificate for $100 to use at radicalfirearms.com.
    There is no limit to how much you can make a difference in helping our law enforcement family.
    Direct links to donate can be found here:
    $250 Donations:
    www.radicalfirearms.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RFBLD250
    $100 Donations:
    www.radicalfirearms.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RFBLD100
    Guns International

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I would contribute only if they donate reliable and well-made rifles, e.g. not their own rifles.

Interesting, I own two and have no issues whatsoever. Could you expound with specifics or is that just another "brand X sucks!" thing?
    Not interested in the "barrel over/under-torquing" saga, I've researched that to death and it's a nonstarter.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Researched it to death? Well try harder. My FFL friends who take in customer ARs for upgrades or Cerakote discover countless issues with Radical uppers and their improperly torqued barrel nuts and barrel extensions. Sometimes the barrel nut will come off with the handguard, or the barrel nut will be hand tight. Sometimes the barrel extension will be undertorqued, which basically renders the entire assembly useless once the barrel tightens into the extension and loses alignment with the gas system. So how do you figure it to be a nonstarter?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

phillmckraken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Sure. Because that means everything they produce is shoddy, and no other manufacturer ever has issues.

I guess mine and the three my brother owns can't be radical because they have never exhibited a single issue.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Congratulations. You are 3 for 3. My friends handle hundreds of Radical uppers and encounter countless problems.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Btw, Radical's explanation for the under torqued barrel nuts and extensions is that melonite is slippery. Bahahahaha sorry that's not how torque works

phillmckraken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Yup, so lets keep generalizing and trashing whole brands. Issues happen with ANY brand. Gonna tell me colt has never had issues next?

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Lol do what you want. There are too many other AR manufacturers that do NOT have major QC/PR issues like Radical, for me to use a Radical.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    So you have "friends" who've shared this with you but no actual experience yourself negative or otherwise. I know Radical didn't make the "melonite" is slippery" statement to you as it's a well-known misquoting of a posting on their website trying to assist someone who claimed to have a problem with barrel torquing. This individual attempted to remove the flash hider with the upper receiver clamped and not the barrel.

Honestly I believe you are repeating someone else's bias with no actual personal experience and no more validity than "Glocks go kaboom"; are we talking dozens of FFLs or one guy that sells guns on the side out of his house? Is this a gunsmith or a self-proclaimed expert accredited by virtue of possessing an FFL? A couple of gun counter cowboys at Gander? A French model perhaps?

When I have a problem or meet a person who themselves have had a problem I'll reconsider my position it's BS, in the meanwhile it's good to remember you can't make yourself sound smarter by repeating dumb people.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Even Primary Arms doesn't want to deal with Radical because they receive uppers with mismarked barrels, improperly torqued extensions and/or barrel nuts, etc. It's a free market. Spend your money with whomever you like.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I promise if mine have a problem I will start a thread specifically to apologize. Pardon my tone, you tend to come across a little confrontational and I responded without considering but back to the OP - looks to be a good cause in light of recent events, thanks for posting.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom