• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    I know parts can be mil spec, but for the entire gun to be mil spec I believe it would have to be select fire at minimum. I have heard that from a few people who know a lot more about it than I. If I am wrong please advise, thanks.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I am curious which officers are not issued a rifle. I thought they all had them.
    No department I've been associated with issues rifles. Some of them don't even permit the officers to provide their own.

Some departments only allow supervisors to carry long guns. Some insist that the officer successfully complete a patrol rifle course prior to being allowed to provide their own rifle from a list of approved choices.

Last edited:

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    No department I've been associated with issues rifles. Some of them don't even permit the officers to provide their own.

Some departments only allow supervisors to carry long guns. Some insist that the officer successfully complete a patrol rifle course prior to being allowed to provide their own rifle from a list of approved choices.
    Do they still have shotguns

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Do they still have shotguns

Most have access to department shotguns or allow qualified officers to carry their own in the car. I have been with a department (a university pd) that allowed NO long guns--neither shotties nor carbines. Another agency had departmental 14" HK/Benelli M1S90 shotties, and those were sweet.

Last edited:

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Most have access to department shotguns or allow qualified officers to carry their own in the car. I have been with a department (a university pd) that allowed NO long guns--neither shotties nor carbines. Another agency had departmental 14" HK/Benelli M1S90 shotties, and those were sweet.
    In that situation can you pick your own sidearm

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    In that situation can you pick your own sidearm

In Texas, it's sort of a mixed bag--there are many large and small departments that require an officer to supply their own sidearm from a list of approved sidearms. There are also many large and small departments that opt to issue departmentally-owned sidearms to every officer. Some require rookies and newer officers to only use certain sidearms and then later, they can qualify for carry from an expanded list.

MitchKov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Let us know how it does over the next 2k

I have no opinion on radical as I don't own one. That said, they are a relatively new budget brand. As a range plinker, or even sitting in a blind, why not. As something I may stake my life and the lives of others on I'd likely go for a more tested/proven rifle.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Interesting. My experience has been very good, but I should have noted that I bought just an upper and not an entire rifle.

On that rifle I have a BCG from BCM and the trigger group is Geissele.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    The blue gun they sent for review performed terribly. They claimed it was a bad apple and sent in another for review. Not only that but they admit that the blue gund have stricter QC than civvie guns. Sooo... They knowingly sell shit guns to civilians. Gotta love Radical!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Well...here's my secondary patrol rifle (in car ) and one in my trunk. Radical Firearms complete upper and I trust this thing to make it to my primary rifle which is not Radical Firearms brand.
    300 BLKOUT.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom