radio shack going to change its name?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by country_boy, Aug 4, 2009.

1. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I heard the other day that radio shack will change its name to the shack?? :gotme::mad0079:

I dont think its a good idea. The problem is not the name its the shoe box size stores.

2. GI-John

GI-John Hurry up and wait!! TGT Supporter

Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    and their prices

3. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Some stores are a thing of the past. Radio Shack is one of them. The internet will put them out of business sooner or later. I'd guess sooner if they are trying drastic measures like changing a name that everybody knows...

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I've always associated them with crappy electronics and high prices. But it's been years and years since I've been in one.

5. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009

For the most part I would agree with this. However, when it comes to odd ball electronics parts and fittings, they usually have them in stock at a decent price.

6. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    You are correct about one thing, the internet will put a ton of places out of business, but, it will create the upstart of a bunch more. There will always be some things you just cannot buy online.

7. BigShooter11x14

BigShooter11x14 Member

May 18, 2009
    S/W Tarrant County
    Thier new model store. . . The Shack. . . all they have to do is upgrade the sign!!!

radio-shack.jpg

8. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    They have always been way over priced for the crap they sold but if you needed a micro switch or some other electrical / electronic widget, they all most always had it.

9. BigShooter11x14

BigShooter11x14 Member

May 18, 2009
    S/W Tarrant County
    Yep, they may have a few things in stock. . . but it is a cold day when I grace a Shack with my presence, let alone money. . . Here in F/W we have a Mouser, and used to be if your ordered by 7pm, UPS had it on your doorstep the next day.

Just to verify my malice, I worked as an engineer for the RS parent company many years ago. . . getting screwed at every turn as an employee gets old in a hurry!!!!

10. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was in one just last week. I needed resistors to get a 94 Camaro running. Resistors are great for bypassing the GM Passkey "anti-theft" system when the contacts in the ignition lock eventually break. You just need an ohm meter and some basic electrical skills and that wonderous anti-theft system is bypassed!