• Status
    Not open for further replies.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I disagree with your stance that Open Carry is a bad thing.

Sunday's July 15th show you seemed to dwell on tactical reasons not to open carry without fair descussion on the right to keep and bear arms nor any discussion on how other states are successfully letting their residents and visitors open carry with few issues you mentioned.

I'd just like to see more fair and rounded discussion on the matter. Tactically it may not be the best choice, I agree with you some there, but as an advancement of our rights to keep an bear arms I believe it makes sense to reclaim the right in Texas to open carry as other states have successfully done.
    Lynx Defense

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Matefrio, did they specifically state that, or was that just the impression you got from maybe a heavy focus on the negative aspects? I didn't hear the show, so I'm not sure. Just saying, it's easy for these things to get taken out of context. I agree, it should be totally supported from a civil rights standpoint. I can totally understand them having a heavy focus on negative aspects though, as there are quite a few downsides to openly displaying your capabilities to everyone. I would warrant a guess that, there are probably more downsides to open carry than concealed. I still support it although I would, personally, rarely choose to carry that way.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    It was a clear statement that the host and guest were not in support of open carry. They've not posted the recordings of the radio show in a couple of weeks.

John Farnam was asked his opinion of open carry. He didn't like the idea and the host agreed that they felt the same.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    That sucks... Free country, but I certainly no longer have to support anyone affiliated with this show and/or opinion. It's time we start voting with our wallets and our attention span.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I support open carry being legal, but like many people, I would not open carry in public situations. If you travel to an open carry state, you almost never seen someone open carrying... but you can bet many are armed.

I believe it should be our legal option to carry as we please.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Open carry is way better than concealed in certain circumstances. Advocating against it is advocating against big advantages in certain SD situations, not to mention the 2A in a way.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    If a law was passed that everyone HAD to be armed and open carry at all times, you would see crime drop drastically. What criminal would try to commit a crime knowing that there were 100 armed people to stop them?

But if you allowed everyone to open carry, those with a CHL wouldn't be so special anymore.....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm having flashbacks to what happened to Jim Zumbo a few years ago. You guys (the radio show) need to do something about this, and fast.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    It surprises me the "2nd Amendment Advocates" who have negative opinions on OC. It honestly boils my blood more to hear this position come from a 2A Advocate, as opposed to some idiot liberal who doesn't(and won't take the time) to know better.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I personally couldn't care less anyone elses opinion of open carry from a "tactics point of view". I find most of the arguments against open carry to be less than well informed. I am the first to say if there was open carry, I would open carry pretty much all the time. But that open carry would be a retention belt holster with my t-shirt pulled over the gun most of the time probably.

From a 2A perspective I can't understand why ANYONE would be opposed to people exercising their rights in whatever form they prefer.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I personally couldn't care less anyone elses opinion of open carry from a "tactics point of view". I find most of the arguments against open carry to be less than well informed. I am the first to say if there was open carry, I would open carry pretty much all the time. But that open carry would be a retention belt holster with my t-shirt pulled over the gun most of the time probably.

From a 2A perspective I can't understand why ANYONE would be opposed to people exercising their rights in whatever form they prefer.

You hit the nail right there... From a tactics opinion, I can understand. From a legal opinion, I can not. I would like to hear this radio cast and see if they were just addressing the tactics side of the debate.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Crickets.

2 1/2 days later and no response from anyone on the show?

When a whole section of the forum is dedicated to your show you may want to show up to post your stance one way or the other.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom