Patriot Mobile

Railroad Scam... how many just 'knew' it would go like this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    They're going to start automating these FF restaurants and it can't happen soon enough. The service I receive now is so horrible that even I, a generous tipper, have almost stopped tipping completely.

I might be a Jew, but I am not a cheap bastard and for me to not tip takes some really horrific service. I've received nothing but that lately.
    My wife insists on two pennies for bad service.
    Lynx Defense

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    As long as the service isn’t bad, I tip a minimum of $5 no matter what 20% would be. My bill could be $10 and I tip $5. I’ve dated waitresses and I used to be in sales so I know that dealing with people sucks. Some people are just extremely difficult and can really ruin your day. If the service is great I may tip 100% because that work can be disheartening and I like to make people feel good if they did a good job.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    As long as the service isn’t bad, I tip a minimum of $5 no matter what 20% would be. My bill could be $10 and I tip $5. I’ve dated waitresses and I used to be in sales so I know that dealing with people sucks. Some people are just extremely difficult and can really ruin your day. If the service is great I may tip 100% because that work can be disheartening and I like to make people feel good if they did a good job.

I worked in the service industry when I was younger, I get it. I am a really good tipper. 25% is the minimum I will tip on large bills and like you I'll tip 5 bucks on a small bill, but the service is SO piss poor these days.

Most of what I am experiencing I'd have been fired for.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I frequently have lunch for $10-15 and will then leave a tip of $4-5. Rather than leave a poor tip for poor service I prefer to remember to go elsewhere in the future. One server I knew worked while earning a degree and continued after graduation as it was more profitable than their degree. A good server should receive a good tip.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Went a CiCis and there was a tip jar at the cashier, not paying a tip for them to put the pizza on the buffet. They don't even clean tables.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I frequently have lunch for $10-15 and will then leave a tip of $4-5. Rather than leave a poor tip for poor service I prefer to remember to go elsewhere in the future. One server I knew worked while earning a degree and continued after graduation as it was more profitable than their degree. A good server should receive a good tip.

I can do both. If the service is bad, I'll leave a pittance of a tip AND not come back to the place for at least three months. Hopefully, by then, the "server" is either gone or has learned the job better.

Fast food places.....never....except for my local Sonic. They tend to do a great job that's worth it. I will also tip at the local gas station/short-order cook places for the same reason.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    This rail strike reminds me of the "after my election I will have more flexibility" comment to Putin in 2012. I suspect the Biden administration made some sort of promises to prevent a rail strike and add pressure to the Democrats during the 2022 midterms.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    They're going to start automating these FF restaurants and it can't happen soon enough. The service I receive now is so horrible that even I, a generous tipper, have almost stopped tipping completely.

I might be a Jew, but I am not a cheap bastard and for me to not tip takes some really horrific service. I've received nothing but that lately.
    I don't tip at FF either and a few have tip jars at their drive-thru. I'm still waiting for tip jars to show up at the Walmart self-checkout!

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Don’t eat much FF. However, I do tip at Sonic when I occasionally stop there. My local Sonic stopped honoring discounted large drink of tea from two till five sand they started charging for real lemon slices. Soooooo……home is only about 10 miles away.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    One of the worst “inventions” in the tipping game is the terminal where the person checking you out, or even an unmanned terminal, where you pay with your card giving you the option to hit a button to tip 15, 20, 25%, custom tip, or no tip even before you get your food or have a chance to evaluate the service, atmosphere, etc.

I don’t mind giving something, even in a place where I have to take my own order, get silverware, and bus my table since I know the food industry is a pain in the ass to work for, but it bothers me is that in the back of my mind I’m thinking I am risking spit (or worse) in my food if I don’t tip something at a fast food joint. The whole idea of tipping is and was intended to compensate for service rendered, with service being the key word. I just hate that we have gotten to the point where we feel we must tip some mentally challenged booger picker who barely passed 9th grade English because he knows how to put a burger together and read the name or order number on the ticket.

Also, this thread really took a 180 from the railroad issue. :laughing:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    House ready to vote on a bill to 'negotiate' for the unions. How about Brandon just using Taft-Hartley law to set an injunction to stop any strikes? Oh, Joe is afraid he would upset powerful union bosses. So much for good Gov. in the US. Taxpayers get another 'ripoff' from Joe.
    from Wiki
    "Taft-Hartley Act accorded the U.S. Attorney General the authority to issue an 80-day injunction if a strike, or even a pending strike, "imperiled the national health or safety." It also required union leaders to give employers and workplace managers no less than 60 days’ notice in advance of a strike.
    "

Last edited:
    Top Bottom