Rain!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Shorts, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Rain,

Thanks for stopping by for the weekend, and then some. I really appreciate the help you've been to the yard, here and all across the state. But really, it'd be great if you spread out your visits to more manageable trips. I got things I need to do outside. The yard, for one. It's bad. Really. I'd also like to go ride my motorcycle. Haven't really got to do that much and well I could use the stress relief. Oh, and you're also reeking havoc on my holster finishes. Your humidity in the air saturates my leather and it doesn't dry like it needs to. Even with nice warm circulating air, the dye doesn't like you.

Anyway, anytime now will work. I really have things to do. Again, I appreciate what you do, but please, be reasonable.

Thanks,
    Monica

2. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I really wish yall would send some of that rain up here to Amarillo.

3. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have to agree.
    The dog has started quacking - LOL!!!

4. Shorts

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

I'll do my best to send it your way :texas:

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    After our arid summer, I will not complain about the rain and resultant humidity. I can tolerate a bit of mud until our resevoirs get full again. I might consider grumbling about it then.

6. Shorts

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Well, I've been reluctant to complain, rain is good. The humidity complaint is not for my comfort, but for my items. I don't want to send out terribly finished leather. And I'm on deadline.:(

7. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I too am a bit reluctant to complain, but as Short's said, enough is enough. Give it a rest for 10 days, then come back for an inch or two, then beat it again. :lolz:
    I've got mushrooms growing in my shrub beds :(

8. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    When we got this last spell of rain I discovered a roof leek in my closet. If it will stay stopped for the rest of the day I can go on the roof tonight and caulk it. I hope I can I have flashing and caulk to keep me dry but I can't put it up in the rain! LOL

9. Greg_TX

Greg_TX Well-Known

Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I hear ya ... Luckily I thought to put some Sta-Bil in the tank and run some through the fuel system, and I keep the battery on a tender so it stays ready to crank. I prepped it thinking it might only be a week like the forecast said - so much for that. :mad:

10. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Motorcycling in the rain is pretty fun, actually. I don't know why people don't like it.

Much better than riding in 110 degree heat, that's for sure.