• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Police at school? That would be a no. We had a security guard we called, "bullwinkle" . Every morning as you drove in the parking lot he would stand by a guard house. You'd also drive your car about 2feet from his toes as he stood there.

The local police department was and still is a bunch of flunkies. Today there do have a police officer at the school. About three years ago he was on the news. For shooting his neighbors dog inside the city limits. Apartment complex. Three times. The story go's, that he got up to let his dog out and a another dog "acted" aggressive towards his. So he starts shooting. In an open parking lot. Right next to a road. A busy road between Belton and Temple.

Of course he was cleared of all charges. Lawsuits are expensive.

This was the same police department I first started working at. 21yo.

If people think on any level that police officers are any better then an armed citizen.......change yo bong water. Dislodge your head from you ass.

Ive been to more police firearm qualifications then I can count. At one. Out of 40 rds I shot. The only ammo on me. My target would have 44holes. The police station had a chunk missing out floor from a fellow cop discharging his gun in the patrol room. At another range in Harker Heights. A cadet shot another cadets car. Had a loaded 357 behind the line. His Geo took the round through the drivers window. Upper seat beat, B-pillar. Trailer house park behind his car. Lucky? it was stopped.

The last I knew of the girl that shot the car, she works for the fine establishment of Williamson County Texas.

Military Police gun range? OMG, as an E4 I was trying...."trying".... to teach other MP's(E5 and a E6) who civy job was a cop.....how to get rounds on the target at 25yards. Many got a "pass" even though they simple could not qualify.

Cops in school do one thing. They teach kids how to evade them at a young age. Ive sat in a truck on the grounds of Georgetown high school. Picking up girlfriends daughter. Two cops set up by the buses. They were no more then 30yards from daughters friends. Who were showing a really neat, glass MJ pipe to one another. In the open, in a group.

I asked the girl the age old question, "ain't yall scared of the cops?".......The answer was, "why?"....then a laugh...."no"

Edit: If you think this is a cop bash...it's not. My old sheriff's badge still has alot pride for me. But that bean can lid can't cover up the fact, that many, many police officers shouldn't even be allowed to carry a gun in public.....atleast until they learn how to use the damn thing.

Cops ease my mind not.....knowing that is the only protection at the school my off spring go to. OH HELL NO.

Last edited:

Bear67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    East Texas
    I know I am old and you do not have to remind me, but. I went to a rural school and there were no LE to be seen. We squirrel hunted behind the school fence on the Heard farm. We consolidated and went to town for high school and no police. Heck, I always had a shotgun and .22 hanging on the gun rack and in season, a deer rifle on the gun rack in my pickup at school. No problems and we went hunting, shooting at the range and reloading with some of the faculty.

My best story from the dark ages is while taking High School physics, I built a ballistics pendulum (manually measure velocity using measured transfer of a known weight using standard formulas). I entered this in a science fair and shot 30.06 rifles into the device behind the gym backstopped by a natural berm.

Those were the days. I wish the US was back in the 50's and early 60's in many ways. You still don't have to say it, my grand kids call Papa "old" too.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    you guys realize that some districts have their own police force right? Northside ISD here in SA does.
    Yep. The district where I live, Klein ISD, has plenty of police and patrol cars. I see them as much on the roads as other local LEOs.

Never had any police around when I was in school (graduated in '83).

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm seeing a very disturbing pattern here. The folks in this thread that I seem to identify with, and have similar memories to, are the old guys. Not sure I like what that is implying.
    happy-019.gif

Well, for the record, no cops in school. Rifles hanging in the back windows of pick ups in the parking lot. Everyone carried a pocket knife.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I carried a knife every day but no rifle. I was in Ag and we would castrate pigs instead of doing tests so I needed it lol.

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    What it means is the hippies that grew up with the old guys are the same assholes that are the liberals of today trying to be in charge today. The same ones that think no kid should be disciplined at any age and what's wrong with dewin drugs? Don't mention desth penalty either.

smartass phone acknowledgement

Top Bottom