• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Never polished a ramp myself, the only advise I have ever heard is to be damn careful not to change the angles or take too much off. Might want to get it fully broke in first and then see how it shoots,,,,,my main reason for responding is because I have really been interested in that gun, how is the construction, is it good heavy metal, well constructed, etc and how does it fire?

TriggerTime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    I would check with a competent gun smith before attempting any polishing. Personally, I'd clean your new acquisition up real well (chamber) and go put some more ammo through it. Maybe try some Ely or Wolf Match. I bought a Compass Lake Engineering dedicated 22 upper for my AR to practice for service rifle competition. It is dead accurate easily out to 100 -- I can should out the 10 ring on the 300 yard reduced when in prone with my sling, but there were some annoying FTF and FTE. I was using Ely and Wolf Match. With a match barrel and chamber, it is very tight and took some breaking in.

That's my 2 cents. Good luck.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    You can polish the feedramp with a dremel tool, I have done it to several of my 1911's. But, here is the kicker. Use a bit for polishing, not for metal removal. You absolutely do not want to change the angle of the ramp or you will have just made a nice piece of junk. It might have burr on it or something like that you can clean off.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I've done a couple of ramps with my dremel, polishing wheel, and polishing compound. They've all worked out nicely, never had an issue.

You are not looking to cut into it, just give it a nice shine.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've used plain ol' automotive rubbing compound which is very very mild abrasive. Did mine by hand though and was very careful no metal was actually coming off.

Edit to add: Most of the bulk pack .22's are problematic especially in new guns. My relatively new Buckmark does not like Goldens, but my 30 year old Mark I eats anything.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Never polished a ramp myself, the only advise I have ever heard is to be damn careful not to change the angles or take too much off. Might want to get it fully broke in first and then see how it shoots,,,,,my main reason for responding is because I have really been interested in that gun, how is the construction, is it good heavy metal, well constructed, etc and how does it fire?

it's a great design and well constructed, my only complaint is that the charging handle has a cheapo polymer feel to it. the manual of arms is identical to a standard ar-15, minus the charging handle

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    The last ramp I polished I used a Scotchbrite pad and did it by hand. It takes awhile and lots of work but you won't screw it up in a hurry that way.

Side note - if I'd had a Dremel and a polishing wheel I probably would have done it that way!

Top Bottom