• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Anyone using Rand CLP? I got a bottle at the last show and all I can say is WOW. It's awesome.
    First, there is no smell. None at all. You can't tell someone is or was cleaning guns in the room.
    Secondly. It cleans filthy guns in a single pass. Squirt some on a toothbrush, scrub the gun part and it's clean. Then wipe the fouling off. What remains is a clean oily gun with no need to scrub over and over. You can blow it down with air but that's really not needed.
    Third it's thick so it goes on like a light weight grease but wipes down into an oil. You can buff the surface dry with a clean cloth yet it always remains just slightly oily.
    Wash your hands with dawn and you are done.

It just replaced break free and frog lube in my cleaning kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Freez
    Target Sports

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I like Rand CLP for lubrication, but I haven't found it as effective as a dedicated cleaner for removing carbon fouling. I like the thickness/viscosity of the oil and the fact that it is "bio based". It tends to stay where I put it, but also creeps & penetrates, which sounds like two opposite effects but really isn't. It stays where I put it in that it doesn't run/drip everywhere. But, it will creep along and seep into tight spaces. In testing, it has a higher smoke point than competing products, which means that it will hold up better under sustained fire. Rand CLP is not my go-to oil for lubrication. I still use grease in certain areas, and I use MPro7 for barrel cleaning and carbon removal, but I use Rand CLP everywhere else.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The way I look at it, most "CLP" products do a decent job at all 3 properties, but one product can't do all 3 nearly as well as individual products specifically designed for each (clean, lubricate, protect).

Top Bottom