• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I have this bag. It works pretty well, only downside it that it doesn’t have a lot of room for ammo. Plenty of room for mags, ear pro, tools, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it as well.
    Totally agree with your assessment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    These are the ones I use and can recommend, most have been at it for a good while now and held up fine...

As far as straight-up 'Range' bags, these are terrific and a great deal at the price (I use these the most):

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-bg-rangebag-elite.html
    b9732e9d1a1fc76997edfaeae7f42850.jpg

https://lapolicegear.com/jumbo-bailout-bag.html
    d15cabf56efc59f18dbb9aaaa969aa11.jpg

Single-pistol bags (use a bunch of these in various colors)
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939160870/midwayusa-tactical-pistol-case
    870b5b6d0e3d67ca631414cc92254c76.jpg

Also use several of these Voodoo Tactical rifle cases, which have also held up just fine to regular use: (using the 36" and 46")
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0013H90NC/?th=1&psc=1

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I watch as casual shooters become more experienced and most will eventually start using a range bag to carry their gear. I am amazed at even some of the most seasoned shooters don't carry tools (or the right tools) in their range bag.

A few small tools don't weigh that much.......Folks who have lasers on their guns never seem to have the tools to adjust them. Loose grips, sights ect...

I have a small punch and hammer set, Hex Keys, pliers, Screwdrivers, small flash light, small vice grips, Torx and Hex bits, spare batteries for my optics and probably more than I need.....but if I have a problem at the range 98% of the time I can handle it at the range......

That is why I take multiple guns to the range and few tools. For the most part I don't work on my guns at the range. If something is wrong I switch guns and keep going. I pay to shoot not tinker with my guns. I can do that at home for free. I do carry a nut driver kit with various sockets, screwdrivers, hex, allen and such attachments. Mostly for scope and sighting work not fixing anything.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    When I do get to go to an outdoor range it is an all day trip....I understand not everyone will shoot for 8 or more hours......But I do get a little perturbed about shooters who come unprepared and ask to borrow tools to take care of minor issues.....

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    That's why I got the Savior Equipment Mobile Arsenal SEMA 27L Military Heavy-Duty Tactical Range Bag Backpack. I can carry everything, even tools, in it. Very heavy duty construction.
    I put one in my Amazon wish list. Now I just have to drop a hint to the better half as a Christmas gift.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    When I do get to go to an outdoor range it is an all day trip....I understand not everyone will shoot for 8 or more hours......But I do get a little perturbed about shooters who come unprepared and ask to borrow tools to take care of minor issues.....

Why? All you have to do is politely say no. The office or store front should have a gun smith and/or tools for sale. I don't lend my other tools to strangers and don't do it with my gun tools either.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Why? I am not much of a talker when on the range...I am focused and do not like unnecessary interruptions. I am not there to make friends or listen to someone's BS or drama. That may sound a little unsociable but it is how I feel about it. I think it is an old man thing as most of my friends around the same age as I, feel that way too...I do try to be polite, but I mind my own business unless someone is acting carelessly or dangerously.

When taking a break away from the line....... sure...... ask away.......but I've never been much for idle chit chat with strangers.....

At our Shop/indoor range, sure.... I loan tools, assist as necessary and listen to BS and drama....it is the polite thing to do.......but when I'm on an outdoor range on my own time, I just want to be left alone......

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Now when the Injuns are circling the wagons..is it any time to be doing target practice? Dont waste any ammo punching holes in paper. Thanks.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Why? I am not much of a talker when on the range...I am focused and do not like unnecessary interruptions. I am not there to make friends or listen to someone's BS or drama. That may sound a little unsociable but it is how I feel about it. I think it is an old man thing as most of my friends around the same age as I, feel that way too...I do try to be polite, but I mind my own business unless someone is acting carelessly or dangerously.

When taking a break away from the line....... sure...... ask away.......but I've never been much for idle chit chat with strangers.....

What you need is a sign.

WRfxSG0.jpg

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    Maxpedition has one that I’ve been carrying for years. It’s large enough to carry the essentials (eye/ear pro, FAK, spare mags, tools, cleaning kit, brass catching bag and ammo and a couple of handguns).

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Maxpedition has one that I’ve been carrying for years. It’s large enough to carry the essentials (eye/ear pro, FAK, spare mags, tools, cleaning kit, brass catching bag and ammo and a couple of handguns).

They make some neat stuff.

Top Bottom