• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Okay, we all know that the gun stores and gun shows are currently jammed to the max, but I didn't expect to see such a frenzy at the range. My son and I have a late season whitetail hunt coming up in January, so on Saturday we headed over to Hot Wells (Cypress, TX) to zero a couple of our rifles. Normally, we'd go to ASC, but with scattered rainfall, we were crunching our time. As we crested the railroad tracks onto the property, I thought we'd driven into a national shooting competition event. The pistol range was completely full, with 6-8 people standing in line waiting to nab the next available bench. The hundred-yard range was nearly as full, with many people milling about behind the line (waiting their turn, I assume). At the office, the line waiting to pay at the register was at least 12 people deep...and not moving. Lacking a sense of urgency for our purpose, we turned around and went home.

Anybody else seeing this kind of activity at their ranges?
    Target Sports

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    My last visit to the range was similar. This time of year is always busier since a lot of people are burning vacation time or getting ready to go hunting. Add to that, the gun buying frenzy (lots of people with new guns to shoot).

Ed4032

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    It is the perfect storm... Obama (the best gun salesman ever), Crime picking up because of the economy, and hunting season.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    Saw about the same thing at Carter's on Treaschwig Rd in N. Houston. Parking lot was so full you'd a thought they were giving guns away there.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I agree about weekends. I usually always go during the week, during the day. I went to my local once on a weekend and although no where near as crazy as your story, I couldn't shoot without timing my shots between the shots next to me which were resulting in .22 brass in my face and down my shirt. Target acquisition suffers somewhat when a hot .22 case drops into your shirt! :p

I'm new to range shooting and I'm not real crazy about it. There are people there. Give me a tank dump and only cows to watch out for and I'm good!

Top Bottom