• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    My girlfriend got into a wreck about a week ago, not her fault. This morning at the grocery store she and another lady back out of their parking spot at same time and wham. I'm leaving the house in a few minutes to run up to the car rental place to see how they want to handle this, she was in a rental car since hers is getting fixed from last wreck. I'm delayed and improbable at this point. Which sucks, because I'm still driving to Corsicana today to see my poor old 96 yo grandpa. I'll drive right past y'all. Sorry guys. Life comes at ya quick.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you're a little ahead of schedule, feel free to stop by and say hi. It'll waste 30 minutes but at least you can see what the range looks like.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Great day, everyone. If you weren't there, you missed out. I left early since I'm still a little down from a little operation last week. Everybody else is probably still there. :)

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Sorry I missed it but opening day (well first scrimmage anyway) of high school baseball season. For better or worse son has interests other than shooting. Between girls and baseball it's a tough competition. Anybody take pictures?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anybody take pictures?
    That was the first thing I thought of when I was driving away. I don't think anybody did but I hope somebody proves me wrong.

HandgunHTR let me shoot his black-stock XP in 7BR. He had it loaded with cast bullets over SR4759; he obviously knows what he's doing. He took an offhand shot at the 100 yard gong and hit it. Then he let me try and I hit it. Two shots and two hits on a gong that's 10 or 12 inches across is no big deal, given experience shooting steel pigs at that distance. However, I don't think he noticed there was a large group of shooters behind him who were watching us closely, wondering (I assume) how stupid someone had to be to try to shoot a pistol offhand at 100 yards. Then, after the two hits, mouths had dropped open and they looked at us like we were aliens or something.

Best moment of the day for me. :)

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    That was the first thing I thought of when I was driving away. I don't think anybody did but I hope somebody proves me wrong.

HandgunHTR let me shoot his black-stock XP in 7BR. He had it loaded with cast bullets over SR4759; he obviously knows what he's doing. He took an offhand shot at the 100 yard gong and hit it. Then he let me try and I hit it. Two shots and two hits on a gong that's 10 or 12 inches across is no big deal, given experience shooting steel pigs at that distance. However, I don't think he noticed there was a large group of shooters behind him who were watching us closely, wondering (I assume) how stupid someone had to be to try to shoot a pistol offhand at 100 yards. Then, after the two hits, mouths had dropped open and they looked at us like we were aliens or something.

Epic.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The only pictures I took are of these poppers which were NIB. They are fun and rimfire rated but should be for hand guns only.

View attachment 32526

Apparently one them pissed off HandgunHTR cuz he put a world of hurt on it with a 10/22. :laughing:

View attachment 32527

Man that 10/22 was sweet! Houge overmold stock, carbon fiber barrel and light, light, light!!! Very nice build.

HandgunHTR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014

I didn't notice the people behind us. If they were impressed with us hitting the 100 yard gong, I should have put the 200 yard sight setting in, dropped into a Creedmore and started ringing the 200 yard gong.

Best part of the day for me was going 10 for 10 with my 6X45 AR shooting clays laying on the 200 yard berm and then shooting a 10 shot, rapid-fire group at 300 that measured just a hair over 3". MOA accuracy at 300 yards makes me happy. Especially when I was concentrating on putting rounds on target quickly. Next time I will see what she can do when I am shooting slowly.

Top Bottom