• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    There will be a nice sampling of firearms to be sure. Including black powder cartridges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Z0Tex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Interested. Never been to Shiny Top. Would love to let the CZ's out and whisper at an outdoor range for a change. Not sure if I'll be able to leave the wife and baby girl though.

sY1jQDd.jpg

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I can bring some shotguns if we want to shoot skeet. I've never actually done it before. I got a Remington 1100 semi-auto and a 870 pump if anyone is interested. I'm up for making an ass of myself on the line.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Thanks for reminding me. They do have a regulation skeet range for those that like shotguns. Also, we will have to provide our own shade. There is shade at the pistol range off the firing line but not at the rifle range. At the rifle range, we will also have to watch for cattle wandering onto the range.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Dammit. Sometimes work sucks.

There is still plenty of room for people to come out.

Well, I talked to Doc today at Shiny Top. We are definately good for the 24th. Got him to ok steel targets on the rifle range. Probably just set up there for the day. I have sall pop back targets for .22 rimfires as well as a bowling pin target and a spinner for larger calibers. By then I will have a 4 o 6 inch gong as well.

I have one ezee up for shade.if anyone else has one you might want to bring it.
    We can also set up a table top grill and grill some hot dogs. I'll bring a grill and hot dogs, the good ones not the chicken, if someone can bring the rest. I would also suggest that you each bring plenty to stay hydrated. It will be getting warm by then.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I talked to Doc, the owner. If you have something you can set up at 80 yards that will not ricochet, we can. I will have some spring loaded .22 LR targets, probably a steel spinner and a couple of self-healing spinners to set up on the rifle range. Whatever steel we set up has to deflect bullets downward into the ground. I will bring enough to set up at various distances.
    Normally, no, he does not allow steel since thete is no dedicated safety officer to make sure people don't get stupid. So we will have to police ourselves.
    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Soft steel like those crappy Do All targets will ricochet, but AR500 or similar will cause the bullets to splatter. Not really any way to set them up to "deflect" the bullets as the splatter goes 360°. Angling it downward might even cause the splatter to come back at you.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    As long as nothing comes back at the line or at livestock we should be fine. That is his biggest worry. At least I got him to concede that much.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Well, we will have steel.
    Ordered a new pistol spinner ratted for .44 mag and a new 8" square playe with hangers. Just need something to hang it on. Should be here by monday.

Top Bottom