• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I pay around $150/yr at the Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club. Can shoot 365 days a year during daylight hours. Rifle range is only out to 200 yards, though, but they have decent trap and sporting clays and the folks are friendly.

Forgot to mention I also had to pay an initial registration fee and agree to a background check after being on a waiting list and being sponsored by a current member who could vouch for me.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Anyone local to Katy, boyert on mason rd is doing “glocktober” today. $10 gets you ammo, range fee, a Glock rental, raffle ticket for a Glock and someone from Glock is going to be there to answer questions or just talk to. I’ll be there around 12-12:30

Never mind I won’t be there today. I got called into work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I pay around $150/yr at the Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club. Can shoot 365 days a year during daylight hours. Rifle range is only out to 200 yards, though, but they have decent trap and sporting clays and the folks are friendly.

I think it was $165 this year. I can just about pay for my membership by picking up brass.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm a member of 2 local clubs and frequent an indoor range. They've already been covered in this thread, I'm sure.

However, I wonder where I'll shoot if/when my life situation changes. Wherever I live out my final days, I want there to be a good shooting facility.
    • I'm a lifer (under the old scheme where a life membership was actually for life with no additional fees) at The Whittington Center. They stopped offering that type of membership just a couple of months after I bought mine but I'm grandfathered in. IIRC, it was a $600 flat fee. I bought it in case I decided to move there someday. However, after a few trips I've decided that Raton is the armpit of the nation.
    • I've considered Talladega but the Talladega Marksmanship Park offers exactly nothing in the way of a long-term, lower-cost membership. It costs $25/day if you buy 10 days in advance and, except for special promotions, that's the best you can do if you want to use all the facilities. Also, it's much closer to my extended family so that's a big drawback.
    • The Cameo Shooting and Education Complex in Colorado is on my radar but the place is so new that they have yet to set range fees. Right now, they just ask for a $12/day donation. When they set their fees, I'll have to think on it again.
    • I wouldn't be surprised if I wound up doing nothing but living in a condo in Houston, practicing daily at 5 meters with a Pentashot laser pistol, and actually getting outside only to shoot bullseye and smallbore silhouette at Bayou Rifles and ARC.
    Anybody with suggestions, feel free to pipe up.

Gunny P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    DFW
    Once. It's badass. $65 for the day. I think $1,000/year.

Triple C .....Badass you are so right on dat-:). Membership varies, depending on how far you want to shoot.
    cheapest package is $550/year, that gives you a lot of private bays option, plus all ranges up to 600yards.
    Great great place. Wish it was closer to Frisco, but still worth the trip regardless

BoomBoomcookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seeing all of these replies once again makes me feel incredibly lucky. I can walk out my back door to my .22 steel range, drive down to my center-fire steel pistol range (think Hickock 45) and turn around to a shaded 125 yard rifle range or I can drive down to the field where I can shoot clays or rifle up to 350 yards. I am truly blessed. I need to get more friends in to shoot, but the few idjuts who have not listened and/or followed basic gun safety has soured me on inviting people up. July 4th before last I had a guy fire a 9mm straight up into the air right behind my where I was sitting to "chase" the .22 lr tracers I was shooting to celebrate the 4th (not straight up, at an angle where it would fall on my place with no people around for miles). He was taken aback by my fury. He has not been invited back. Another twat-waffle was invited to deer hunt, brought someone extra, shot a buck. He then shot a Doe when driving back up the hill "Well, she was just standing there looking at me!" No shit sherlock....she was a pet. He's not come up again.

Attachments

• Haley at the Ranch and Rockabilly 085.JPG
      Haley at the Ranch and Rockabilly 085.JPG
      607 KB · Views: 378

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Seeing all of these replies once again makes me feel incredibly lucky. I can walk out my back door to my .22 steel range, drive down to my center-fire steel pistol range (think Hickock 45) and turn around to a shaded 125 yard rifle range or I can drive down to the field where I can shoot clays or rifle up to 350 yards. I am truly blessed.

I can dream....maybe one day.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Seeing all of these replies once again makes me feel incredibly lucky. I can walk out my back door to my .22 steel range, drive down to my center-fire steel pistol range (think Hickock 45) and turn around to a shaded 125 yard rifle range or I can drive down to the field where I can shoot clays or rifle up to 350 yards. I am truly blessed. I need to get more friends in to shoot, but the few idjuts who have not listened and/or followed basic gun safety has soured me on inviting people up. July 4th before last I had a guy fire a 9mm straight up into the air right behind my where I was sitting to "chase" the .22 lr tracers I was shooting to celebrate the 4th (not straight up, at an angle where it would fall on my place with no people around for miles). He was taken aback by my fury. He has not been invited back. Another twat-waffle was invited to deer hunt, brought someone extra, shot a buck. He then shot a Doe when driving back up the hill "Well, she was just standing there looking at me!" No shit sherlock....she was a pet. He's not come up again.
    Yeah, so how much did all that cost you? Feel free to include all the time you spend on maintenance, too :evil:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

Sounds like you need some new friends with brains.

Dustin

BoomBoomcookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A very high cost indeed. They spent a considerable amount of their life in order to leave it to you.
    Actually he bought the place in the 1950's on a VA loan for less than the cost of a new vehicle today. Lifetime ago. The land has done nothing but go up....way way up. I would not be able to afford this place ever. My family used to have a lot of land up Llano way...when I was a kid we used to go to a 1000 acre place right on the Llano river. I also used to hunt wild hogs at Packsaddle mountain on family land...way in the distance you could see Lake Travis. That place is famous for being the last battleground of the Indian Wars here in Texas. Yeah, as a kid you don't know any different and think everyone has access to land and places to go.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Nothing.

I seldom ever go to public or private shooting clubs.

I shoot pistol and rifle at the Farm (I have 180 yards out the back door of the shop). I also have target at 25, 50, and 100 yards.

Pistol plates:

40dd1f5d08aa5481eceab140725e30c8.jpg

Rifle (presently at 180, I’ll push it back to 200 this winter)
    0a8d54ffba73720eb98a7ffbd2cb347f.jpg

I can shoot out to 500 at one buddy’s place, and potentially out to 1,000 at another buddy’s place.

I’m always looking for whenever AR500 plate goes on sale, I always like adding stuff to shoot at.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    The larger horizontal pipes are 2-⅜” fence posts. I use an EMT minerallac strap to clamp my chains to the pipe. I use a u-bolt to clamp the pipe to my t-post.

My rifle target is currently made of chain link top rail. I plan to replace that with t-post and another fence post cross bar when I move it back.

My 25, 50, and 100 yard targets are mounted to a standard t-post. I welded up a mount that slips over the top. I’m still fiddling with the design on those. What works really well for pistol, doesn’t swing enough for rifle. I have a new idea, just need some time to fab up a new mount system.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Top Bottom