• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    With the very nice weather yesterday morning, I decided to venture out to our local outdoor range. The range Elm Fork Shooting Park in Irving Texas.
    First time out for the Shadow 2 since I bought it.
    First impression is the pistol is heavy. It weighs 46.5 ounces unloaded. The pistol is all steel and the weight is very well balanced, even with a full mag.
    The pistol is also very smooth when it cycles. Like a hot knife through butter. I fired fifty rounds of 115 gr. UMC factory ammo without a single malfunction.
    I was concerned with the factory mags at first. They are stamped .40 on one side and 9mm on the other, but they worked perfectly.
    With the pistol being all steel, the recoil is very comfortable. The sights are easy to get good target acquisition and follow up shots.
    This pistol is pricey. It generally retails for around $2,000. My FFL had this Shadow 2 Orange when I went to pick up another pistol I had shipped to him. He showed it to me and I had to have it. I went back the next day with cash and brought it home.
    Overall I give this pistol a 9.75 rating out of 10. My only concern is the extension button CZ added to the mag release. It was a little uncomfortable at first. Later on I didn't notice it.

Attached is my last target of the day. The lower left was 25 rounds of my reloads in my stainless Wilson Combat Classic. The remaining targets are five shot groups with the CZ using the 11
    RANGE PHOTO 2.jpg
    5gr. UMC loads.
    Considering it has been about 16 months since I last pulled a trigger, I was pleased with the results. My target is the white target on the left.
    Military Camp

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I second for pics of the gun. Heard about this but have not seen one.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Here is the official CZ product ad. The photo is a little light. In the photo the grips look almost golden in color. In real life the grip panels and other accent pieces are vivid orange.
    Mine looks exactly like this one. You UT and OU grads should love this pistol.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I suggest you do the same thing I did. Do the research online.
    There are some very specific articles out there that will walk you through the differences.
    The Orange is the latest version. One main upgrade on the Orange is they added a fitted barrel bushing similar to the 1911s.

Top Bottom