• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jertex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Tarrant County
    I purchased this gun a few weeks ago and, after getting my pound of flesh complete for the IRS, I was able to make it out to the range on Saturday. You can imagine my mood and the great satisfaction I was going to attain from shooting paper! :rocket:

I have already noted some issues with the guns and some detail about the internals in this thread, so I won't go into detail other than to say, in spite of the trigger bow problem, I was able to do a relatively nice polish job & the trigger pull was extremely smooth & crisp. I haven't measured it but I'm quite sure that it would be close to about 4lbs and maybe even a little less at this point.

As noted in the thread mentioned above, the slide is so tight that it is difficult get back into battery manually and I was hoping that this would resolve itself with a couple of hundred rounds of factory ammunition. While it did go back into battery more often than not, I was surprised at how often I had to forcefully push the slide into battery while shooting. I conservatively guess that I had to push the slide back into battery 3 times on average per 8 rds. This was with factory fresh quality ammunition from Winchester and Federal FMJ's and Federal and Speer HP's. Failure was consistent on all types of ammo. I now have to decide if it just needs a few hundred more rounds or if it needs to go to the warranty center for some work.

The good news was that all types of ammunition fed flawlessly with zero FTF's or FTE's and the gun is a nice shooter when I wasn't having to worry about getting the slide into battery. I must say that it's quite distracting and I will use this along with my recent disc replacement surgery as my excuse for my lousy shooting. ;)

1YhBxCu

MAC_slide%20locked%20back.jpg

Here are pictures of the slide just slightly out of battery, which, when concentrating on the sight picture, it is sometimes difficult to notice until you realize that the trigger will not reset. This is extremely disruptive when shooting.

outofbattery_right.jpg

outofbattery_left.jpg

All targets below were shot at 10 yards, standing, isosceles stance, free handed. On target 1, I started low and left, but grouping was fairly tight. The fact that it was low was definitely because shooter error with the front sight picture, which was addressed in target two and three. The gun does definitely shoot slight left so I made a couple of slight windage adjustments to the rear sight which began to correct the problem but I decided to stop & fine tune the sight adjustments at a later date at 15-20 yards with the gun at rest.

Overall, I am very positive about the gun in spite of some of the problems, mainly because I got such a great price compared to average market price and I will be in touch with the warranty center to discuss the slide fit and will be swapping the trigger &, over time, other parts of the gun, changing out those beveled grips, to make it my own 1911.

MAC_Classic_first%20targets.jpg

I used3 different magazine types and all worked with zero issues: ActMag 8rd that came with the gun, Chip McCormick Match Grade 8rd and Remington OEM 7rd magzines.
    Military Camp

PBR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Houston
    I had the same issue with a metro arms 1911 classic amigo -- mine wasnt really tight but still had the issue -- if freshly cleaned and lubed up would work ok but after some rounds the issue would pop up again -- never did get it under control

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    My Gov't Model has well over 3,000 rounds thru it and it has been 100% reliable, and so has my 9MM Commander.

The Macs are hand fitted so naturally the slide will be tight until the slide and rails smooth out to match. But I am curious, does this happen with all your mags or not? I've seen mags set a little high and the lips can contact the slide rail.

MetroArms makes some fantastic pistols, plan on yours being a favorite.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom