Range Report on CCI .22 Quiet Semi Auto

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Got a chance to shoot one of the two boxes I have of this ammo today( before turning around and going back to Nebraska on Sunday. The gun, Ruger MKII 10”
7341366B-DF8E-4E1A-B6B7-B027564141E3.jpeg
The distance 10 yards.
the results, zero failures of any kind and quiet enough to not need earpro if just zapping a raccoon but not whisper quiet out of a 10” barrel.
E81CCE0A-A14F-4376-BBA8-FE6B11994D11.jpeg
50 rounds. Forgive the flyers.;)

plinkr

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Feb 18, 2019
US
Got a chance to shoot one of the two boxes I have of this ammo today( before turning around and going back to Nebraska on Sunday. The gun, Ruger MKII 10” View attachment 266773 The distance 10 yards.
the results, zero failures of any kind and quiet enough to not need earpro if just zapping a raccoon but not whisper quiet out of a 10” barrel. View attachment 266774 50 rounds. Forgive the flyers.;)
That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

skfullgun

The original "Frito Bandito"!
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oct 14, 2017
In the woods...
I just ordered some of those. Thanks for the report.
I'm hoping they work well enough, and are quiet enough to use in my Ruger 10/22 for squirrels. The high velocity is loud enough to scare the other squirrels away, and it tears up too much meat.
I really like that Ruger!

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 9, 2014
I bought 1500 rds of these awhile back. For many years, I've used .22CB caps by CCI to thin the squirrels out...consistant 1-shot kills in chest or head at ranges 20-60'. An old Winchester pump with Sears' name fed them just like shorts...I got too much enjoyment of it and gave the rifle to a young man in the country lest I show up in City Court with a squirrel-skin hat grasped in my sweaty hands. Now I feed 'em pecans...go figger.

Glad for the glowing report...may try some out of my High Standard Sentinel Deluxe 4"...soon.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
My only issue with these is cycling the action. They work great in my Henry and are almost noiseless.
The Quiet - .22 Semi Auto or the regular Quiet-.22?
The Quiet .22 SemiAuto is what I reviewed.
I used the MKII for this test because of the heavy ass bolt on it. Figured if it would cycle in it, it would cycle in anything else.

skfullgun

The original "Frito Bandito"!
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oct 14, 2017
In the woods...
I bought 1500 rds of these awhile back. For many years, I've used .22CB caps by CCI to thin the squirrels out...consistant 1-shot kills in chest or head at ranges 20-60'. An old Winchester pump with Sears' name fed them just like shorts...I got too much enjoyment of it and gave the rifle to a young man in the country lest I show up in City Court with a squirrel-skin hat grasped in my sweaty hands. Now I feed 'em pecans...go figger.

Glad for the glowing report...may try some out of my High Standard Sentinel Deluxe 4"...soon.
When I lived in the city, we had pecan trees all around us, and two in the backyard. The yards were separated by 6 ft privacy fences, and my yard was full of squirrels all year round. I killed dozens per year with a Marlin .22 and CB's or Aguila Super- Colibris. I just made sure I had a good clean shot with a back stop, and usually only shot them when they were endlessly harassing the dogs!
As for the coonskin hat, I need to get one to accentuate my winter attire!

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom