• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Got a chance to shoot one of the two boxes I have of this ammo today( before turning around and going back to Nebraska on Sunday. The gun, Ruger MKII 10”
    7341366B-DF8E-4E1A-B6B7-B027564141E3.jpeg
    The distance 10 yards.
    the results, zero failures of any kind and quiet enough to not need earpro if just zapping a raccoon but not whisper quiet out of a 10” barrel.
    E81CCE0A-A14F-4376-BBA8-FE6B11994D11.jpeg
    50 rounds. Forgive the flyers.;)
    Guns International

plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US
    Got a chance to shoot one of the two boxes I have of this ammo today( before turning around and going back to Nebraska on Sunday. The gun, Ruger MKII 10” View attachment 266773 The distance 10 yards.
    the results, zero failures of any kind and quiet enough to not need earpro if just zapping a raccoon but not whisper quiet out of a 10” barrel. View attachment 266774 50 rounds. Forgive the flyers.;)
    That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I just ordered some of those. Thanks for the report.
    I'm hoping they work well enough, and are quiet enough to use in my Ruger 10/22 for squirrels. The high velocity is loud enough to scare the other squirrels away, and it tears up too much meat.
    I really like that Ruger!

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    I bought 1500 rds of these awhile back. For many years, I've used .22CB caps by CCI to thin the squirrels out...consistant 1-shot kills in chest or head at ranges 20-60'. An old Winchester pump with Sears' name fed them just like shorts...I got too much enjoyment of it and gave the rifle to a young man in the country lest I show up in City Court with a squirrel-skin hat grasped in my sweaty hands. Now I feed 'em pecans...go figger.

Glad for the glowing report...may try some out of my High Standard Sentinel Deluxe 4"...soon.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My only issue with these is cycling the action. They work great in my Henry and are almost noiseless.
    The Quiet - .22 Semi Auto or the regular Quiet-.22?
    The Quiet .22 SemiAuto is what I reviewed.
    I used the MKII for this test because of the heavy ass bolt on it. Figured if it would cycle in it, it would cycle in anything else.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I bought 1500 rds of these awhile back. For many years, I've used .22CB caps by CCI to thin the squirrels out...consistant 1-shot kills in chest or head at ranges 20-60'. An old Winchester pump with Sears' name fed them just like shorts...I got too much enjoyment of it and gave the rifle to a young man in the country lest I show up in City Court with a squirrel-skin hat grasped in my sweaty hands. Now I feed 'em pecans...go figger.

Glad for the glowing report...may try some out of my High Standard Sentinel Deluxe 4"...soon.
    When I lived in the city, we had pecan trees all around us, and two in the backyard. The yards were separated by 6 ft privacy fences, and my yard was full of squirrels all year round. I killed dozens per year with a Marlin .22 and CB's or Aguila Super- Colibris. I just made sure I had a good clean shot with a back stop, and usually only shot them when they were endlessly harassing the dogs!
    As for the coonskin hat, I need to get one to accentuate my winter attire!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Skf,

I did the same for awile using an RWS single break over barrel .177 caliber pellet rifle (German mfg) doing a 1000 fps.

However, after I dropped about a 100 of em over a year and a half or so, they'd only stay thinned out for a very short time and a new batch of replacements would move in.

I finally just said, fk it, and threw in the towel. I quit shooting me. It was like shoveling sand against the tide.

Through great good fortune they never got in my attic or caused any damage to my exterior AC unit. At one time I told my daughter I was most concerned about them getting in my attic and wreaking havoc. She just laughed at me. A couple of weeks later she asked if she could borrow my pellet rifle. Yep, she had squirrels get in her attic.

That was a long time ago and the place I live now is teeming with em and so far, so good...

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    I used the MKII for this test because of the heavy ass bolt on it. Figured if it would cycle in it, it would cycle in anything else.

I hadn't seen the Quiet-SA yet; great review, need to get some now (appears to be a tad bit faster than the standard Quiets...)

I really like the Quiet 22lr Segmented HPs - same velocity as the regular Quiets (which are fun for paper), but they hit like a friggin hammer while sounding like a whisper.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    The Quiet - .22 Semi Auto or the regular Quiet-.22?
    Ahh I missed that part. I was referring to the regular quiet. Will have to find some of the SA version.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I have shot a lot of the CCI Quiet in my yard. Mostly I shoot them in my Savage MKII and it sound like a pop gun but does good on squirrels and rabbits. In my SA revolver with a 6" barrel, they are louder than my CB shorts, so I use the shorts rather than the Quiets. I am waiting to have my Savage threaded for a can so I can really get the whisper effect with the Quiet ammo. this stuff is pretty good!

Top Bottom