• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Being in the 45acp market and the market what it is with all the various models, makes and sizes and not finding the one in particular I want yet I bought a trailer park gun to shoot while I sort out what I want to buy.
    Yes the infamous High Point 45acp.:eek:
    When I bought it the sale person told me "never disassemble it just spray it out with break free and call it clean"
    Well now I have never not disassembled a new gun and not cleaned and lubed before going to the range sooooo - well 3 minutes to disassemble and 15 too re-assemble.
    He was right, no need, just spray and wipe.The gun was designed for just that.
    Got to the range with the free ghost rings installed and was very surprised.
    Trigger pull was exceptional for such a cheap gun.
    Accurate out to 25 yards, held good group even for me.
    I had another buddy shoot it at 25 yards and held a 2.0 in group.
    Not bad for a cheap gun.
    Had one failed to chamber out of 100 rounds. The case mouth was belled a little too much.
    Heavy, bulky and down right "DAM UGLY" but did everything it should do and did it pretty well.
    I have to say if you have need for a "trailer park" gun well it's not a bad choice.
    I do have one problem though!
    My S&W's and Ruger's refuse to share room in the safe.
    I put it in and find it on the floor every time.
    Capitol Armory ad

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Not to mention a lifetime warranty for the life of the gun not the owner, no questions asked. Thats just one reason why u dont have to feild strip it!

sltintexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    I have a hi point .380 & 9mm carbine. I am amazed at how reliable they are. I bought the .380 for $89 & the 9mm carbine for $188, both new. If most people have issues with them, it usually the mags. Great guns for the price.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Glad to see them getting some good words. I usually hear the "they're crap" line when talking about Hi-Point. I've had the 9mm carbine for quite some time and it's been nothing but reliable. Never had any problems with it. I'd recommend it for those on the cheap and want reliable.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Glad to see them getting some good words. I usually hear the "they're crap" line when talking about Hi-Point. I've had the 9mm carbine for quite some time and it's been nothing but reliable. Never had any problems with it. I'd recommend it for those on the cheap and want reliable.
    That my be my next purchase. I sold my Marlin 9mm camp carbine and have regretted it ever since.
    I love 9mm carbines, so much fun and cheap to shoot.

Darth_Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Fort Worth
    My Hi-Point .45 eats anything

I bought my .45 a few months ago and it has eaten everything I have fed it: hollowpoints, reloads, WWB, PMC.

My friend's Springfield XD is a real finicky gun so I got a bunch of ammo from him as he tried to figure out what he could shoot reliiably.

One negative I have is the slick plastic grip, which a Hogue sleeve readily and cheaply fixes.

So it ain't the prettiest gun around. Who's gonna complain? The guy on the receiving end of .45 hollowpoints? Or the guy who paid at least twice as much for his gun which is reliable with only cretain ammo?

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Sorry not stealing the thread. But tell your buddy to have his XD looked at. Ive never heard of an XD having a ammo problems. Just the opposite they shoot everything. I own 2 and also what ive read from other owners before I bought mine.

Top Bottom