• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • an0nym0us

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Houston
    Last week the LGS that I moonlight at got in 5 of these sweet Team USA Ruger 10/22 takedowns. 3 were sold to employees and 1 to a good friend... they didn't last a whole 24 hours in the store. I am happy to say that I am very happy with my purchase after running 400 rounds through it today. Here's my Battleship target against my friend with the same rifle. This was done at 7 yards off-hand... I was shooting at red and he was shooting at green.

3EqXL.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of the rifle.

X8o0u.jpg

1H2DB.jpg

My Thoughts on the gun:

Size - about the same as most lightweight semi-automatic .22LRs. Very lightweight at 4.5lbs.

Caliber - .22LR very versatile round that's both fun and cheap to shoot. I ran CCI's 40gr. AR Tactical .22LR today and it ran great aside from a few magazine related issues.

Recoil - it's a .22LR rifle... very easy to keep it on target for followup shots and send many rounds down range accurately during rapid fire.

Stock - Love/Hate situation... Love the fact that it's durable plastic and that it's blue. Hate the fact that they used a cheap plastic stock for a commemorative rifle, the manual states that it should've come with a blue laminate stock... we were hoping for laminated wood.

Sights - Decent factory sights... I had no problem grouping <1" at 50 feet (indoor range.) These non-adjustable sights are perfect for the nature of the rifle and were accurate out of the box on both rifles.

Finish - The machined SS barrel looks very nice as does the anodized receiver, I have a feeling this rifle will look good for decades to come. -

Controls - Standard 10/22 controls are familiar to veteran 10/22 owners, I'd prefer a pull back release on the bolt catch, but I can make that modification on my own. The safety is pretty standard and works well. The trigger has gotten pretty crisp since I've put 400 rounds through the gun.

Overall I've enjoyed the gun a whole lot and it's definitely worth the $400 I spent on it. The 10/22 takedown package is amazing with the carrying case that comes with it... I've found that it fits both my 10/22 takedown and my Kel-tec Sub 2000 as well as mags for both. If you're looking for a great survival rifle, trunk gun or accurate plinker the 10/22 takedown is a very good choice.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Nice review.

The 1st time I looked at a Takedown was in an Academy. Took 2 of them about 5 minutes to 'take it down'

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's a great concept. I've been thinking of picking one up as a little survival / camping gun.

Wait until that barrel gets seasoned (100 - 200 rounds) and it'll shoot quite a bit better. My 10/22 doesn't like to be clean.

an0nym0us

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Houston
    It's a great concept. I've been thinking of picking one up as a little survival / camping gun.

Wait until that barrel gets seasoned (100 - 200 rounds) and it'll shoot quite a bit better. My 10/22 doesn't like to be clean.

I ran 400 rounds through it the first day... I just suck at shooting rifles.

Top Bottom