• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Picked up a new 4" Wilson Professional a couple of months ago and have been busy learning to shoot it. The gun ran perfectly from day 1 but being an older guy I had difficulty handling the gun with really strong recoil spring. I switched from the original spring to an 18# spring and find the slide easier to retract for loading/locking back. Other than that, there isn't much to say about the gun except that it has been Load, Aim, Fire, repeat, repeat, repeat, .....

One interesting note is that the 4" gun seems to be about as accurate as the 5" guns but is more sensitive to trigger control. REALLY have to be careful to avoid pulling shots off group. Had a good day at the range today. Group shown below is first five shots at 18 yds, standing, two hands, no rest, with handloads. Group measures 0.908" center to center. What do you think, should I keep the gun or send it back for a tune-up? :)

575A.gif

701Y.gif
    Gun Zone Deals

ChicagoTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Allen, TX
    What do you think, should I keep the gun or send it back for a tune-up?

Why? Your 18 yd group, mathematically adjusted to a theoretical 25 yard distance would yield a 1.16" group, noticeably better than the Wilson-guaranteed 1.5" and fired off-hand no less.

I call it impressive shootin' from an impressive gun.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    LHB1,

Great shooting! I am not surprised though. My stainless Professional is a tack driver. I used to think you had to have a 5" target gun to achieve those kind of groups, until I picked up my Professional. There's nothing quite like it.

tex45acp

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Wow. Great shooting? That's excellent shooting! ;) That is better accuracy than anyone could really ever need in a handgun. Excellent job! The gun looks great too. :)

Top Bottom