• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Finally got to take my Pistol to the range today. I recently picked up a GiRSAN M1911C in 9mm. After cleaning what seemed like a gallon of oil out of the pistol and properly relubing it, went to my local range to put it through it's paces. I also bought a new Wilson Combat ETM part number 500-9 since the 1911 only came with one. Who would have thought that a Wilson Combat magazine would cause jams. She ran like a sewing machine with the factory 9 round MecGar mag but jammed every single time with a failure to go into battery using the Wilson. I could slam the slide home with a little judicious pressure applied with my left palm but ran 20 rounds thjrough the Wilson mag and got 20 failures to go into battery. First time I have ever seen a Wilson mag cause a jam. First outing was with 115 gr balll. Next range test will be with 124 $ 147 grain.
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Finally got to take my Pistol to the range today. I recently picked up a GiRSAN M1911C in 9mm. After cleaning what seemed like a gallon of oil out of the pistol and properly relubing it, went to my local range to put it through it's paces. I also bought a new Wilson Combat ETM part number 500-9 since the 1911 only came with one. Who would have thought that a Wilson Combat magazine would cause jams. She ran like a sewing machine with the factory 9 round MecGar mag but jammed every single time with a failure to go into battery using the Wilson. I could slam the slide home with a little judicious pressure applied with my left palm but ran 20 rounds thjrough the Wilson mag and got 20 failures to go into battery. First time I have ever seen a Wilson mag cause a jam. First outing was with 115 gr balll. Next range test will be with 124 $ 147 grain.
    6433AD5E-17BF-4003-8C85-C2A90CF1F073.jpeg

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    In the 45+ years I have enjoyed shooting a 1911, I have never experienced the situation you mention above. Usually it is just the opposite. The factory mags cause problems and the WC mags solve the problem. I never take the factory mags of of my 1911 boxes.
    The good thing here is you can easily sell the WC mags.

Top Bottom