Patriot Mobile

range/shop to try out different pistols?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texasz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Central Texas (Im back!)
    I will be home in just a couple weeks and I would like to take my wife out to try a few different pistols to see what she is comfortable shooting. I have a few Id like to try out myself... is there a shop or range to 'try before you buy' or rent a pistol? I remember a range on the far west side, outside 1604 that I went to about five or six years ago with my college ROTC detachment, just cant remember the name of it. Im looking to shoot and have my wife shoot compact and sub compact pistols if that makes a difference. I also want to do a bit of shooting with the two pistols I currently own.

Thanks!
    Military Camp

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Bullethole, I believe has guns to rent. Shoot they have some full autos for rent. I don't know their selection, but I think its is on their website.

texasz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Central Texas (Im back!)
    Bullethole, I believe has guns to rent. Shoot they have some full autos for rent. I don't know their selection, but I think its is on their website.

cool, checked out the website, dont have quite what Im looking for, but they do have a Kimber and Les Bear 1911! I like!

Like the firefly quote in your sig too, when he tried to trade the gun for the girl hahahaha!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Go during a weekday if you can, and during the day, or rent a private bay. It'll be much safer that way.

Or go to Camp Bullis, it's cheaper, nicer and safer. It's only open on the weekends on only in the mornings, but it's much cheaper. It's also only open to DoD ID card holders. I've met a few of my friends there so their wives could shoot a few of my pistols. What exactly are you looking for?

Cheers! M2

texasz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Central Texas (Im back!)
    Go during a weekday if you can, and during the day, or rent a private bay. It'll be much safer that way.

Or go to Camp Bullis, it's cheaper, nicer and safer. It's only open on the weekends on only in the mornings, but it's much cheaper. It's also only open to DoD ID card holders. I've met a few of my friends there so their wives could shoot a few of my pistols. What exactly are you looking for?

Cheers! M2

I had no idea Camp Bullis had a pistol range for use, and Ive been on Bullis many times since my early teens! lol.

Im looking at a Walther PPS, P99 in .40, XDm 3.8 in .40 preferably, H&K USPc .40/.45... Thats what I have come up with so far, I want to get my wife to hold or shoot those as well as others and see whats best for her. That list is perty much what Im looking at for a bit smaller of a carry weapon as I have two full size pistols and Im not a big guy at all... Im looking for a carry weapon for the wife and something smaller for myself so I have a few more choices.

Thanks for the info!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You're gonna have a hard time coming up with those specific guns at any one given range.

Hmmm....I've got Colt Mustangs, Sig P238's, 1911's (Colt, Randall, Wilson, Ed Brown) of almost every size (includin' a Double Eagle), Beretta 96 Compact Inox, an' a coupla wheelguns. Some of the others might be able ta come up with others - sounds like a TGT Range Day might be in order....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I started a thread on Bullis with all the info you need: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/san-antonio/15492-camp-bullis-sportsmans-range.html

I've got a small collection of semi-auto handguns, to include a Taurus TCP (.380), a PT709 Slim and a PT111 (both 9mm) as well as a XD-45 Service and a couple of 1911s. If you want to meet up one morning to have her try them, let me know. I might be out there next weekend with a new rifle I am picking up on Monday, it's easier to have someone along who knows where to go your first time around.

Cheers! M2

texasz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Central Texas (Im back!)
    You're gonna have a hard time coming up with those specific guns at any one given range.

Hmmm....I've got Colt Mustangs, Sig P238's, 1911's (Colt, Randall, Wilson, Ed Brown) of almost every size (includin' a Double Eagle), Beretta 96 Compact Inox, an' a coupla wheelguns. Some of the others might be able ta come up with others - sounds like a TGT Range Day might be in order....

Yea, I kinda figured, just wanted to get a few different options for the wife really as I would like to find her something. She likes both my 1911 and HK but I figured I wouldnt limit her options to one of my two full size pistols alone lol.

Range day would be awesome, just let me know where! I was planning on goin no matter if theres anything else to shoot or not as I miss my pistols...

I started a thread on Bullis with all the info you need: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/san-antonio/15492-camp-bullis-sportsmans-range.html

I've got a small collection of semi-auto handguns, to include a Taurus TCP (.380), a PT709 Slim and a PT111 (both 9mm) as well as a XD-45 Service and a couple of 1911s. If you want to meet up one morning to have her try them, let me know. I might be out there next weekend with a new rifle I am picking up on Monday, it's easier to have someone along who knows where to go your first time around.

Cheers! M2

Good info on the CB range, I just hate to register my weapons at any post at all, Im not so trusting of the government even though they know more about me than I do at this point haha! Ill be in town the 4-5th I think, not sure as Im tryin to go to the lake for a bit before I come back to the sand box...

Top Bottom