• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • soundsmith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    San Antonio, TX
    Anybody know of a range in the SA area where you can practice drills on multiple targets that isn't a bunch of stalls? I see videos all the time where guys are in an open area with several targets up in front of a backstop and they are practicing draw and fire, moving around, using barrels for cover practice and so on. All the ranges I have been to/know of only have stalls to shoot from. My favorite range is Lonestar Handgun, but their rifle range has a barrier that prevents you from shooting while standing up, for example.
    Guns International

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    If you don't get answers here, I'd recommend getting active with IDPA or USPSA. You'll then meet people who know where ranges like that are. For most it will probably be a private membership type range.

DarkwingDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Bandera Gun Club in, umm, Bandera might suit your needs. The shooting bays at the back of the facility -- drive through the trap range -- should be big enough for some move & shoot drills.

DWD

soundsmith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    San Antonio, TX
    Now I want to go check out an IDPA match this month and will probably start participating in that, looks like a lot of fun.

Didn't know Lonestar had anything other than the stalls except for classes. I'll be sure to ask them about it next time I go out.

Thanks guys.

Top Bottom