• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Babnik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Can I get some input on reliable/accurate rangefinders? I know most of the optics manufacturers sell them but which are considered most reliable/accurate/durable?
    Hurley's Gold

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I don't have much experience with range finders but own a cheap simmons one from Walmart that works pretty well. I have friends who own the bushnells and Leupolds that work great too. I'm sure someone will come along with better information soon.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Best bang for the buck is the sig kilo 2000. The beam divergence is a bit large so on smaller objects it's a bit fickle. A bit more money gets you the lieca 1600b which is better for smaller objects than the sig but it's pricier and is only advertised as a 1600yd finder. If money is no object a petronix is as good as it gets.

Babnik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Thanks for the responses. Wow! you weren't kidding about the Vectronix being pricey...$8500 for the pocket model! I think the Leica looks good, plus I have a lot of good experience with Leica optics.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've found that the cheaper ones still work well as long as you acknowledge their limitations. You'll only get readings at the stated maximum range if the target is large, white and perpendicular to you. I have a Leupold 600 that works good on brown things out to 400yrds or so.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I think the Sig Kilo is the best out there without going into 4 digits, LOL. I have one and really like it. It will auto-dim/bright based on ambient lighting conditions, which is really nice. It will range over a mile, which will handle all of my possible needs. And it will do continuous ranging as you pan, if you hold down the button.

Give Clifford at Third Coast Thermal a call. TCT is one of the sponsors here. https://thirdcoastthermal.com/ (should be in the banner on the right>>>>) Tell him Brian sent you.

Top Bottom