• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarbonCycles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Hey folks,

I was wondering if any ranges near the Austin area allowed for shooters to practice drills using multiple lanes, drawing from the holster, etc. It seems that most are very strict (with good reasoning), but it would be nice to be able to get out and do some advanced drills w/out either getting a range officer in your face or being banned.

TIA...
    Target Sports

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Lone Star Gun Range near Lockhart is the only public range that I know of that allows drawing from a holster. Their website is at Central Texas Protection Training Academy, LLC

If there's nobody else in the bay, and you ask nice, you should be able to do shoot and move drills as long as you are safe.
    And you have to ask real nice I think tips and bribes would go a long way. :rolleyes: sorry couldn't help it. And I think Jay is right if they're not crowded and you ask I think they will let you. But if they catch you doing something stupid or unsafe they will not hesitate to let you know.

CarbonCycles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    So showing up with a box of donuts isn't going to cut it for me? Just kidding.

I'll take a look at their sight, and I agree that all range rules should be followed; however, any shooter that can demonstrate good gun control and etiquette IMO should be allowed to train as s/he deems fit.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    So showing up with a box of donuts isn't going to cut it for me? Just kidding.

I'll take a look at their sight, and I agree that all range rules should be followed; however, any shooter that can demonstrate good gun control and etiquette IMO should be allowed to train as s/he deems fit.
    That is the idea at lone star. Good luck.

Top Bottom