• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Here's the deal, you tell someone they are approved. (06 Dodge Charger SRT8), You bring us in to sign all the paperwork and congratulate us. Tell us you are going to service and Detail the car and we can pick it up in a few days, we leave super excited papers in hand.
    Now, you say the bank actually didn't approve it because of the mileage.
    Pretty stinking disappointed.......

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"
    Texas SOT

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Wait .. what?

First ... what dealer puts a dirty car on the lot?
    Come back in a few days should raise a flag.
    Every tech and salesman will have taken a joyride and brought it back all lathered up and tongue hanging out.

Second ... "papers in hand" ... a contract?
    It's binding once all the papers are signed.

On the surface, it appears you got the better end of this deal by walking away.
    Something doesn't smell right.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Here's the deal, you tell someone they are approved. (06 Dodge Charger SRT8), You bring us in to sign all the paperwork and congratulate us. Tell us you are going to service and Detail the car and we can pick it up in a few days, we leave super excited papers in hand.
    Now, you say the bank actually didn't approve it because of the mileage.
    Pretty stinking disappointed.......

Does your paperwork give them an out for them making a conditional approval? Some do.

But, I am with Mitch....financing an 8 year old car with mileage so high the bank balks at financing is probably a BAD financial decision.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I'm not sure about the conditional approval to be honest. The price is 7000 less than what they are advertising on their site, and a thousand dollars less than KBB, I almost feel like they are trying to get out if a mistake on their side. I just don't understand how they
    Could let us leave with signed papers, and than say we are not approved after all. I really believe the car is worth the contract price, but I think I'm letting emotions interfere also.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    The bank doesn't make mistakes like that. Ever.. The dealership dropped the ball somewhere in this transaction, and were screwing themselves

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    No free lunch. If the deal is $7,000 less than advertised, and $1,000 less than KBB, I'd smell a skunk.

Something just ain't right there.

Car dealers, new or used, hate it when you walk off the lot and say "let me sleep on it."

Don't go back to that scum-sucking dealer!

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Does your paperwork give them an out for them making a conditional approval? Some do.

But, I am with Mitch....financing an 8 year old car with mileage so high the bank balks at financing is probably a BAD financial decision.

Also, Chargers are terrible cars. I work on several for a local PD. Every time the temperature swings, coolant leaks galore. IMO you dodged a bullet (no pun intended).

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Also, Chargers are terrible cars. I work on several for a local PD. Every time the temperature swings, coolant leaks galore. IMO you dodged a bullet (no pun intended).
    I've got an '07 SRT8, no leaks here.

Funny you mention temperature though, when the temp drops the car REALLY wakes up. The factory tune pulls a LOT of ignition timing pretty much whenever the motor is at operating temp lol.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Agreed, the SAPD got several to test and decided to go with the new Fords. I heard they had a lot electrical issues as well. They've been relegated to traffic duty...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I could see getting emotional over a 68' but an 06' . Not trying to offend but lol

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can see getting upset. People have a certain car they have been wanting, get in a position to buy it, then get the door slammed. Why would that not be upsetting?

I'm not in to new cars, but we all have our own opinions of what a dream car is.

I think the dealer screwed up on the price and figured it out, or someone came in and gave a better offer. I'm betting it wasn't the latter.

I've also found its common for dealers to do a quick detail and fill up after purchase, but not 3 days.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Well, its for sure over, they are saying the mileage was to high for a 60 month deal. I really am disappointed. After the test drive I got really fired up about the car. So, it is what it is. We'll just have to go back and look at something more reasonable. I did speak with April Ancira and she has offered to discount something with their dealership's. I guess we'll go check them out tomorrow. I need to carry a couple of guns instead of just one, to keep my feet on the ground...lol
    But.... man o man, that SRT8 was a blast......

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Well, its for sure over, they are saying the mileage was to high for a 60 month deal. I really am disappointed. After the test drive I got really fired up about the car. So, it is what it is. We'll just have to go back and look at something more reasonable. I did speak with April Ancira and she has offered to discount something with their dealership's. I guess we'll go check them out tomorrow. I need to carry a couple of guns instead of just one, to keep my feet on the ground...lol
    But.... man o man, that SRT8 was a blast......

Well, bless her sweet little heart.....:rolleyes:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Skip. I honestly didn't look at what car you were buying. Now I see its a dodge rt. I paid one off for my wife Feb 2012. I'll never touch another Dodge car ever again. By the time I paid it off it was a piece of shit. They are shitty cars for daily driving. The ground clearance sucks all ways scraping when pulling into parking lots. It had large wheels and ate up tires quick. The only dodge I'd ever buy would have a cummims in it. Mechanically the car worked and had nice power but for an every day drive to work and take the kids to school it sucked.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom